Camaro pump change

should see it at the next southsea cruise ?

yes but what year would that be ? lol

Only 298 days left better get a mo e on otherwise it will be 2022 lol

Could be an ideal project for over the Xmas break. Lol.
I have a few other things to get done, then I will be back on it.

Xmas break you having a Covid break how many breaks or excuses do you need lol😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

There is a fitting in the uel line where the threads are or the connector from the pump. This will now go into a rubber fuel line. The existing pipe conected to this was cut off by someone else. hoeever some cuts were too deep and cut into the pipe, there was a pin hole. This will mainly be coved by the rubber pipe and the jubilee clip but I want to get rid of the pin hole first.
IMG_20210916_132408.jpg

Thinking of adding head and solder. Hiowever the flux and solder just run off and dosn't tin the metal. so that was a bit of a failure.
IMG_20210916_132351.jpg

Thinking copper sleeve, flux and solder. It still dosn't stick, the copper sleve is only held on with friction, solder didn't take.
IMG_20210916_133022.jpg

So cleaned it up, and used some special metal glue that is resistant to chemicals. Its coing to be covered in the rubber hose and jubilee clip, so this should be good. If I'm not happy, I'll try to do this a different way, like buying a connector and terminate it into the fuel filter.

Why not mig weld the pin hole and grind back smooth then use the rubber hose????

I have the welder, however my last time I tried welding I was chasing a hole and the set the carpet alight. That was in my Mk1 Cavalier 27 years ago, I moved the carpet out of the way, but as the hole grew it eventaually made it to the carpet I didn't move. lol

Fitted that connector to the Camaro, turned the key a couple of times so the fuel pump fires and pressurises, no leaks. So thats good. got a bit of work on today, but would be nice to check the vacuum pipes, and to perhaps even fire it up. Battery has been on charge.

Playing with computers again lol, suprised you havnt got a chip shortaged lol,,,

Tries starting the Camaro, seems to be lack of fuel. Sheack the schrader Vale on the furl rail, no fuel comes out. Disconnect thr main fuel pipe and firct ut into a container, no fuel. Well I have an explanation for no leaks, no fuel flowing. Disconnect thr fuel pipe out of the pump, I didn't hear the pump run either.
Dash guage dosn't show empty. Should be 5 litres in there. Even if no fuel I would expect to hear the pump pressurise when priming, I hear the relay click. Next to check voltages again, checked all that before when deciding on a new pump.

IMG_20210919_133400.jpg

good luck ,

No update????

Nope, new pump still there.
I have plugged in the battery charger, so I guess that's a sort of update, lol.

anymore work done on this?

In a word 'no' but have had welding done and tinkered with the lower control arms.

No more work then on this poor camaro???

Nope. May give it a wack tomorrow. Changing the trailing arms, bolt stuck.

Wow swmnbo must of been nagging you to do some work on it lol😁

Thought I'd suprise some of you. I have been under the Camaro, for only 30mins mind you, but its a start.

My aim was to get this bolt out holding in the conrol arm. The bolt sping, but its rusted to the metal sleeve inside, Tried heat and hitting it.
IMG_20220411_182349.jpg

Brought myself a new toy, as I'm sure it will come in useful many times. Being mains powered it was a fraction of the cost of a battery one. I'll mainly be using it in the garage with many sockets around, so no issues with power.
IMG_20220411_182100.jpg

There is a gap to get in with a cutting disc to cut the bolt.
IMG_20220411_182428.jpg

Managed to get one side off, the other side is a bit difficult, the disc not having enough reach, perhaps I need to remove the guard from the tool. A bit reluctanct to do that, its a powerful tool and its the 2nd time I've used one.
IMG_20220411_185420.jpg

I'll have another play some evening this week.

Back