Camaro pump change

Well done ranchero đź‘Ť

Dan
i have the tools for flaring brake and fuel lines you are welcome to use them or i can make them for you
Wow, thanks every so much for the offer.

I think the fuel line is the first thing to get done. Then can get the engine running without fuel weeping out of the lines.
Brakes can be done later when oher stuff is good.

The car is over the pit, so if you were free to come and make then that would be very useful, or is it best to remove them and get them to you to make a copy?. I'll need to measure the pipe diameter so can get some ordered. There is fuel to the fuel rail and a return line, not sure if they are the same size, i can find out.

i can come over to you. usually free friday saturday and sunday afternoons/ evenings. i will need your address. give me a shout when you have the pipe

Dont forget the coffee and biscuits for ranchero , lol,

Measured the outer diameter of the pipes today.
Main fuel pupe running from the fuel filter to the flexi pipe to the manifold is 10mm
Fuel return line is 8.5mm

Brake line to the dual block at the rear end is 6mm.

These are outer diameters, I dont know the wall thickness. Perhaps when I look at the piping size I'll find something common close to those numbers.

Can some of the pipes you need to be replaced be taken off in advance and then you could section them to determine the ID (Internal diameter)?

There is a rotten piece of around 4 inches that was taken out and a rubber hose put in with jubilee clips. If I take off that repair I could measure the internal diameter.
The factory ends are formed in a way to fit the connections so can't measure internal diameter, so best place it at that repair point.

i think that is standard sizes should be able to buy it by the roll from pro parts. for the 10mm you can use micro bore central heating pipe.

Back