Camaro pump change

here you go

Thanks, the code saved me £2.40. Every bit helps. Pump ordered and the little sock filter that sits on the bottom of the filter.
Screenshot_20230115_131858_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Hate you if you get a magnet lol

Got a fridge magnet.
1674229658760.png

So wens the big day planned to fit next leap year lol

PMSL 😁

New and old pump.
IMG_20230121_115853.jpg

Tank coming out.
IMG_20230121_120952.jpg

IMG_20230121_121717.jpg

Old pump.
IMG_20230121_122553.jpg

New pump and sock fitted.
IMG_20230121_123425_1.jpg

IMG_20230121_123524.jpg

Tank back in place, pipes connected.
Battery on charge, I may try to fire it up later today.

Looks like the battery will be over charged as its been on charge for so long lol :eek:

Looks like the battery will be over charged as its been on charge for so long lol :eek:
The Camaro battery is a tad dead, even after a day on charge, the battery charger says all is good. Not enough oomph to turn the car over. Did jump it from another battery. No firing up. This was a couple of weeks back. Was going to try to jump it again and check the pressure guage on the fuel rails. If pressure looks good I'll fit the tank.

"""""""""Thanks that could be useful, gives my the urge to buy bits for the Camaro."""""""
well lady's and gentlemen We have it in writing from the forum admin that he my buy parts and work on the Camaro due to my post about new rock auto code so here it is again new code
24455611737859586 new code if anyone needs it

Brought a fuel injector tester today and some carb cleaner.

There is fuel in the fuel rails, pressure present, whitnessed a good pulse going to the injectors on the occiliscope. The car runs on carb cleaner. So perhaps the injectors are gummed up. Worth testing. At £60 per injector (need 6) plus shipping and tax. A £100 tester/cleaner seems the better method right now.
Darren sent me a link to this one:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16289897...-a8eb-ea2b3586d75c|iid:1|vlpname:vlp_homepage
s-l1600.jpg

It says its for USA vehicles. The injectors on the LS1 are very much the same as the Camao, apart form length and pressure. So I'm hoping this tester will cater for it, Camaro probably one of the most common USA cars?

Geting the injectors tested worked out about half the price of new ones.

back on the road soon ?
Fuel line and brake lines need remaking and I don't have the gear to do it.
Once running and cleaned up there is only cosmetic stuff left to do like the head liner.

any fellow renegades that could loan Dan the tools to do the brakes or he could buy more tools at least brake tools will get used more he could always have holiday in wales lol,,,,,

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the tools you need.

any fellow renegades that could loan Dan the tools to do the brakes or he could buy more tools at least brake tools will get used more he could always have holiday in wales lol,,,,,
I need that Welsh guy to pass by.

Dan
i have the tools for flaring brake and fuel lines you are welcome to use them or i can make them for you

Back