Camaro pump change

Would make sence to be that valve, I have fitted a new one.
Also I clamped the return pipe to stop any fuel going back yo the tank.
214-2156_Primary__ra_p.jpg

Found sone info on how the valve works (not verified if its the same on this car)
1673122821737.png

The pump was from summit racing for this car. I wonder if the wrong part was sent.

The pump that's fitted.
Should be able to look up the part number to get the pressure. The pump should run higher than the target PSI. A fuel pipe goes to the fuel rails, the pressure regulator there returns any fuel to the tank from another line above the target pressure.
IMG_20230107_202951.jpg

Reading forums that pump is around 14psi.

That say it is correct for 1980 to 1996 cars. Which is conflicting info.

Checking rockauto they don't have that ac Delco part number listed for the 3rd gen camaro. They have an EP240 instead.

Chris you may be on to something there, could be the wrong pump. All identical to the original part, same fittings, same electrically. Wrong pressure.

You got pics of regulator fuel rail injectors.
Not sure if you have mentioned it what the pressure rating of injectors? Think you said or I said 40psi for efi and about fir carb

img_20201102_200833-jpg.161519

poor old v6 needs some christine magic lol

on the regulator paperwork dose it say anything about what pressure? and ref the pump pressure are you sure it says 15psi thats low for and efi system

on the regulator paperwork dose it say anything about what pressure? and ref the pump pressure are you sure it says 15psi thats low for and efi system
This forum thread lists the EP386 part
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...el-Pumps-Specifications-and-Regulator-Springs!
AC/Delco EP386, 83 kpa = 12.08 PSI. (Need LPH) This is what comes in stock TBI engines.
So very probably I've been supplied the wrong part. If it is 12psi, why do I only see 5psi
1991 3rd gens should be around 42psi, is that also true for the 3.1?
Looking up what furl pump Rock Auto recommends for the 3 1l, it's the EP240 which has a rating of 3bar(45psi approx)

So it does appear I have been supplied an incorrect pump. I got it from summit racing as was ordering push rods for the TA at the same time.

Any way of connecting gauge before fuel filter just to confirm low pressure from tank, Done some digging and they all refer to +35 psi when pump energised, Also do you have a spare terminal by the pump relays, according to one source this wire is looped into the supply cable to the pump allowing you to power pump without ignition,,,,,,,,do check though first as you have fuel vapours in the garage and i wouldn't want to read you used a jump wire and caused sparks/fire :oops:

even more so with any type of vapours when working in a pit as some vapours (gases heavier than air)

When I was testing the pump I used power from a bench supply into the plug that feeds the tank so can do that again.
IMG_20230101_165500.jpg

I have many fuel pipe adapters so hopefully got one that can attach to the pipe that comes from the tank to the pressure guage.

Tried the local motorfactors for a pump, they cant get anytihng cheaper than rock auto. I was hoping being GM it may have been used on UK cars. Wanted to put business their way.
I'll do an order from Rock auto once I get an idea of pressure from the current pump.

Extractor fans on in the garage as there is still a whiff of fuel from the weekend. Not enough to ignite from a spark, tested that from a light switch.;)

Any plans for this weekend to work on swmnbo car??????

Well the attachments I have to measure pump pressure at the tank will be a case of a rubber hose. Not ordered a new pump yet. Will do after testing that pressure.

Will that be testing pressure this weekend or another few weeks or months before that happens lol....

Might surprise you and do it today.

No adapters in the pressure guage kits to attached to the metal fuel lines. however it does go to a rubber hose between the tank and filter, so was an ideal place to tap into. I can see that there is never more than 15psi at this point. This is too low.
Was great to confirm this before ordering the pump that RockAuto lists for the car. I did try out the motor factors, but it loks like rockauto will be the best place.

You could post a for sale add for the pump as its new stating its a 15psi pump recoup some money mybe????

Yeah maybe. Even have the box to.

Can it be used to pump water? Sitting in a waterbutt, waterring plants on a timer with a water level inhibit switch.

do we have a rockauto discount code that we can use before you place order with rockauto?

Back