P100 fuel tank

renchero

as some of you know i have a p100 as a daily. this has the diesel removed and replaced with a2.0L twin cam EFI i am currently using an in line pump, this is a bit noise. the tank has now got a slight leak and wile petro patch buys me time it does not last long, so i got a better 2 hand tank and i am converting it to so i can fit the pump inside
thumbnail_20240225_190008.jpg

so far cut this hole with a plasma cutter and did not blow myself up
i now think i know why i had so much trouble with the ranchero fuel pumps, the first 2 where fake walbros found on fleebay for 1/2 the price of the real thing.

Thanks for posting. 👍👍. Keep the pictures coming

thumbnail_20240228_104201.jpg
thumbnail_20240229_113459.jpg

got a bit more done today. then ran out of time. just need to braze in the pipes,make the electrical connector,make the gasket then ready to fit

Wow, really nice work there.

like fabricating then?

spent all afternoon on this but as don't look much different no picture mostly cleaning as its getting a coat of paint. removing the rust revealed a few small holes which were filled with solder.
like fabricating then?
yes i do like making things ,most look better in the dark

thumbnail_20240302_151537.jpg
thumbnail_20240302_151530.jpg

pump finished and tank painted. i used a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside however its still has a lot sand inside going to have to wash it do that tomorrow. the sand came from the blaster that i used to remove the rust. does a good job but makes a lot of mess

Well done 👍 is it worth lining the tank as well???

Great update with photos.

With the area around the filter sock is there away for fuel to get there without going over the lip? Just wondering if fuel could run out even if you have 5 litres or so in the tank?

Well done 👍 is it worth lining the tank as well???
the rust was only on the outside. i have read mixed results about lining tanks
Great update with photos.

With the area around the filter sock is there away for fuel to get there without going over the lip? Just wondering if fuel could run out even if you have 5 litres or so in the tank?
there are small holes around the base also the return pipe dumps into that area
today i cleaned out the tank. had to use a hose pipe to get all the grit out, as it was a nice sunny day i left it in the sun to dry out. by the time it was dry it was to late to fit it, i need to remove the bed for access a job for next weekend.

all back together now. however things did not quite go to plan.i should have checked the gap between the top of the tank and the bottom of the pickup bed.had to rework the tank slightly. and as an added bonus i now have a working fuel gauge.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20240309_135656.jpg
    thumbnail_20240309_135656.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 6
Back