Camaro pump change

te old fuel better than the new fuel thats coming the new E10 not E5 more ethonal in the mix now

te old fuel better than the new fuel thats coming the new E10 not E5 more ethonal in the mix now

Not a chance. You have got mostly 10 year old fuel there of now very questionable quality that has likely got all sorts of contaminants in it. As bad as the new fuel is, it’s still preferable to 10 year old dirty fuel.

I agree old stabile fuel needs to be removed. But the new fuel seams to be bad as well.. Distroying rubber in pumps and lines. Older fuel was like a greasy solution but didn't distroy line and rubber seals like the new e10

With tank and line back in have you had change to fire the old girl up yet?

With tank and line back in have you had change to fire the old girl up yet?
lol, nope, not even reconnected the fuel lines yet or added the new bits to the engine. Just been soo busy with work and other things.
Fuel will be fine, 7 litres of fuel, 2 was put in Feb, and 5litres last time I filled up the TA, so many months ago. Before that is was dry as a bone up mount everest.

Looking forward to that post saying “she runs!” :) :)

Will Sarah keep it once out back together or sell it for something else?

Will Sarah keep it once out back together or sell it for something else?
She wants a bull nose TA or an oldzmobile cutlass, I hope she will like driving the Camaro and want to keep it, as selling the Camaro won't fund purchase of the other cars.

New fuel pipe should have an o-ring. I'm pretty sure there was a small plastic bag with an o-rin but cannot find it anywhere and there is one place I havn't looked and that is in the tank.

1614163611368.png

The o-rink on the old connector is still present and could be used, but I dont want to use the old one. So popped to Pro-Parts, they didn't have any, but refered me to Flowseal.
They were extremly helpful, measured the old one, knew it was for fuel and got the correct one, actually gave me a few. No cost, just pop some cash in the charity box. What a great help Flowseal are, would certainly recommend them, they went the extra mile and didn't have to.

Jammy pompey chap you are lol so it will be on the road soon opps ment be able to start her up

Yeah not alot to do now. Probably half a days work to get to the point ready to start it. Suspention reassembly, brake bleeding, a bit of welding, renew the earth wires to the ECU can all be done another day.
Fuel pipe reconnection, and fuel pressure regulator is realy the only things that are needing to be done for it to start (well fingers crossed anyway)

IMG_20210227_111310.jpg

Fuel pipe connected, and the other 3 pipes, vent, return etc...
Pumped up the tyres.
Next is a bit of engine bay work, I'll save that excitement for another day.

Any excitement today lol

Back