Camaro pump change

That will teach you to complete one job at a time instead of multi tasking 4 million jobs ie solar bit coin new brick wall netting IT A KNOW FACT MEN CAN'T MULTI TASK πŸ˜πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Ah, OK. It sounds like the pump was running then, but now maybe isn't. In the relative quiet of your garage I'd think you should be able to hear it making at least some sort of noise. I'd say do what you β€Šsuggested, disconnect the output from the pump and breiflly apply 12v directly to check that it's delivering fuel.

That will teach you to complete one job at a time instead of multi tasking 4 million jobs ie solar bit coin new brick wall netting IT A KNOW FACT MEN CAN'T MULTI TASK πŸ˜πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I've got even more than that going on πŸ˜³πŸ˜†. If I didn't multi task between them all, nothing would make any progress πŸ€¦πŸ€·πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜

Shame on you lol. But let you off due to covid lol

No life in the pump. Can feel the fuel relay click. Measure ohms from output of relay to 0v, its 1ohm. Which is extally what I measure directly on the pump harness.
IMG_20220713_192203.jpg

Poked wires in connector holes and ran it to a battery, fused at 20A. If pump remains 1ohm its 12A.
IMG_20220713_192323.jpg

Did arc a bit. No sound from pump.

IMG_20220713_192046.jpg

Even if pump is really quiet, no fuel coming out at all.

Can't fully lift pump out of the tank without removing the tank or cutting 4 metal pipes. I could peak inside, rubber hose from pump to metal pipe is straight, no kinks, filter sock looks good.
Pump wires are connected as can measure 1ohm. I could raeach wire harness to pump inside the tank and also measured 1ohm there too.

It appears the pump is stuck. Gonna be a tank out job. :(

That's going to be fun.

Still not got round to doing anything with this. My plan is to drop the tank a little and try to get the pump out of the top. I'll then cut the pipes so it can in future be removed through the access hatch.
Not sure why the pump isn't spinning, odd for it to be jammed alteady especially as it has a filter sock on the bottom of it.

rust as not been used and now seized most likely????????????????????????

Pump has no miles on it. Has worked after installing.

so hot in your garage its had condensation on metal parts of pump and now rusted mybe,?

mabe the pump rotor is tangled up with spiders webπŸ•·οΈ

mabe the pump rotor is tangled up with spiders webπŸ•·οΈ

Spot on ranchero cars been in the garage so long ......lol

i know the feeling mines spent too long in the garage too

Still not got round to doing anything. Work carried onto through the evening. I did plan on slipping on some overalls and lowering the tank.

Planning lol that will be next year then lol

I have a 25/1 on with ladbrokes that it will be the year after lol 😱

Took a look under the car, and in the car and around the garage for the replacement pump I brought a long while back. It is odd why the pump in the tank has died already, perhaps jammed. Didn't want to go through the effort of removing the tank if I didn't have another pump on stand by.
Yesterday was looking through the boxes in the spare room from where I packed up my office to decorate. Sponge Bob has been looking after the pump.
IMG_20221228_160725.jpg

Tested the new pump on a bench power supply. All good.
Today I plan on getting the tank out and slip in the new pump.

The planned day on the Camaro is cut short. Was aiming to drop the axle, remove the tank. Got all my tools ready. Jack in place. Jack handle dosn't move. This isn't unusual the silver cylinder over extend, need to be pushed by hand while moving the handle then it's fine for the job. However today it's not playing ball. After one movement on the handle one is now stuck down, dosn't want to raise. Tried jacking, it does jack but only with no weight on it and now oil coming out of the larger one.
IMG_20221229_113123.jpg

Looks well made, strongly build, but hydraulics are rubbish. It's only about 3 years old too. Made in England. Thought it may have later longer than that. It can go on the pile of other things to take to the tip.
IMG_20221229_112613.jpg

The reason I brought this was it was UK made and low profile and can take more than enough weight I will ever put it through.

Sounds like a trip to 'Machine Mart' needed.

Back