Camaro pump change

Wow. Dual rate as well. But the main coils look really close to coil bind even at rest, or perhaps it’s the angle the picture is taken from?
DOH, was in the the shed just now to get a paint brush, should have snapped a photo of the springs side on.

Wow. Dual rate as well. But the main coils look really close to coil bind even at rest, or perhaps it’s the angle the picture is taken from?
Spring side on, the gap is almost the thickness of the spring. If I squeeze with my hands I can reduce that by half. So surely the weight of the car coil bind would happen.
IMG_20210114_183950.jpg

Where's zebideeeeee

Popped the tank in, its pretty much in. Electrics connected.IMG_20210114_180432.jpg
Tank being held in by wood on the jack.
Painting the straps, leaving to dry, I'll pop them in tomorrow. The por rust preventer is back. I do have a tin on silver paint which I'll whizz over the top with.
IMG_20210114_182151.jpg

Spring side on, the gap is almost the thickness of the spring. If I squeeze with my hands I can reduce that by half. So surely the weight of the car coil bind would happen.
View attachment 161925

The tight coils are designed to absorb the weight of the car whilst the rest actually does suspension.
I still wouldn’t expect coil bind so perhaps they have aged badly and the spring rate has deteriorated?

Coming together - I just hope once it’s done Sarah doesn’t decide to sell :(

Coming together - I just hope once it’s done Sarah doesn’t decide to sell :(
We may all need to convince her not to. I'm sure once Sarah drives it again she will want to keep it.

Well, after many days locked in the pit the progress should be significant.
You've fixed the rust, bored the engine and fitted oversize pistons along with two turbos and now it out-runs the TA?

Lol 😆.
I can't comment, the correct carb parts arrived a few days ago but I've yet to drag myself out to the garage to reassemble it 🙄
How's it coming along Dan?

Got the tank strapped in.
1611313530901.png

Also the electric glue stick job has been done.
1611313586076.png

1611313607747.png

Cool...its getting there! That's one of the places my Firebird rotted. That's had plenty of sparky glue.

Jesus! I've just noticed the size of the gas bottle on your MIG lol. That'll last a while 👍. Is that CO2 or Argon?

Jesus! I've just noticed the size of the gas bottle on your MIG lol. That'll last a while 👍. Is that CO2 or Argon?
It's CO2.
IMG_20210122_120503.jpg

Much better than the small ones like Halfords sell. They are expensive and don't seem to last very long.

Much better than the small ones like Halfords sell. They are expensive and don't seem to last very long.
I can't take the credit for the welding, Simon Smith did it, you may have met him before Will. Has has helped me with the TA in the past. He was the one that reconnected my clutch. He has left the welder with me for now incase I spot anything else.

Wow coming on nicely :)

I can't take the credit for the welding, Simon Smith did it, you may have met him before Will. Has has helped me with the TA in the past. He was the one that reconnected my clutch. He has left the welder with me for now incase I spot anything else.
I can't recall his name but I would probably recognise him. That's good of him to loan you the welder.
Dave makes a good point re the old fuel BTW.

Back