Camaro pump change

Por-15 on springs and all suspension components.
It’s very durable and maintains a good finish.
Thanks. I'll get some more ordered. Quite impressed with it on the T/A.

Shopped around a bit and this was the best price I found, Turns out it was the same place I got it from last time.

1609950695986.png

Do they sell smaller quantities?
Or perhaps you need that much with the amount you need to do?
Don’t forget to ensure very good ventilation and maybe a decent mask too.
Oh, and rubber gloves.

fek all thats worth more than the car lol.......

PMSL only for the company you are buying from not for the owner of vechiles lol

Ordered myself an impact wrench too. I'm sure it will come in useful for dismantling the Camaro and reassembling. It uses the same batteries as the hedge trimmer, circular saw and drill. A late christmas present to myself.
Screenshot_20210106_193914_com.android.chrome.jpg

Are 3rd and 4th gen trailing arms identical?

A couple of years back the trailing arms on the TA was rusty looking, instead of cleaning up and painting I just brought a pair of new ones. I had them on the car a year until I changed all the suspention parts to tubular. This means I have a pair of redundant control arms from a 4th gen.
IMG_20210107_092222.jpg

IMG_20210107_092234.jpg

Comparing it to the one on the 3rd gen. It looks identical.
IMG_20210107_092025.jpg

How ever rock auto don't show the control arms for a 3rd gen, do can't do a part number reference that way.

I could take the part off the 3rd gen and compare and measure on the bench, but just wondered if anyone knew if they are the same part.

Well I be dammed, I think I've just answered my own question.
Aftermarket control arms fit 82-02 years, even the none adjustable ones. So looks like my redundant 4th gen control arms will be going on the 3rd gen.
Screenshot_20210107_093829_com.android.chrome.jpg

I just read post 52 and was going to reply yes they are, but you have answered it yourself!
I knew someone on here would know, so asked the questiosn.After I posted I have a brain wave, this is a rare occurance. Checked where I get performance parts for the T/A, and found the answer.

Impact wrench will be here today, the 4ah batteries will be tommorow I expect.
I think I'll take the axle completely off, pop it on the workbench to clean and paint with the windows open. I have some gloves too. I may do the cleaning of the rust outside if the weather is good. I reckon their will be clouds of dust from that. Brake pipes on the axle look farily new, so I'll probably leave them as they are unless i spot something.

One little job of changing the pump is cascading into a long list. I think it is wise to tackle all i can while I'm under there then wont need to be touched again for some time. Its great to get away from the computer, have something to work on. Also creates something to post on here.

Nice view looking through the access hole past the axle to the floor of the pit. Long way down from up there.
IMG_20210107_143037.jpg

IMG_20210107_182807.jpg

Thought I'd have a quick look at one of the springs. It is just surface rust, nothing bad at all.
IMG_20210107_184147.jpg

Gave it a bit of a clean with the wire brush. Feels alot smoother now. Should paint up quite well.

Think the shock is beyond saving. I have a new pair coming.
IMG_20210107_193849.jpg

Just the rear pair? Not doing the fronts at the same time?
Not yet, I may have other things to order. starting at the back and work my way forward. The rear shocks were only £60 including shipping and taxes. I usually try to bundle many things together to save on shipping etc.. I'm sure I will get a little list together later on.

I have spare front upper and lower a-arms for the 4th gen. These I'm sure are different on the 3rd gen. I'll give these a look over another day. I'll probably get the car running before I play with the front suspension.

I have spare front upper and lower a-arms for the 4th gen. These I'm sure are different on the 3rd gen. I'll give these a look over another day. I'll probably get the car running before I play with the front suspension.

Upper a-arms are not interchangeable. Don’t know about lowers but suspect not.

Upper a-arms are not interchangeable. Don’t know about lowers but suspect not.
Great, thanks fort the info. They may clean up and hopefully at worse just new bushes for them.

Delivery arrived today of the POR-15 stuff and also a couple of 4Ah batteries for the impact wrench.
1610113561109.png

Ready to do some painting at the wekeend, May whipp off the axle tonight ready. Got another evening job to do, so will see how things pan out.

Back