Camaro pump change

Question on the POR-15 stuff. When I coated the trans-am parts I used the Metal Prep and Top coat, and all has been fine(so far).
Having a quick look thourgh online iunstructions it looks like I missed a step. POR-15 Rust Preventative coating, I wonder how important that is. The metal prep neutralses the rust, but perhaps the extra step will make an even better job of it.

1610114328107.png

Its been so long I don't remember for sure, but think I used the metal prep, rust preventative and then top coat.
But then, i've been asleep and drunk since then!! ;)

I think we did do the three steps it again I’ve slept since 🤣🤣

That's good to know. I've ordered a tin of that now too.

Having just seen a thread on MOCGB concerning the addition of E10 to petrol from 2021, it may be a good time to replace the whole fuel line set up.

In fact all of us should remember that older cars will suffer from E10 additive.

I thought there was a thread on here on this subject but could not find it, maybee it was on one of those 'Autofeed' thingys.

Cleaned up the metal cups that sit on the top of the rear springs, also the tank straps.
IMG_20210110_125754.jpg

Tank and springs have been prepped
IMG_20210110_125811.jpg

Primer and then stonechip stuff. Once that is dried I will do the other side. Probably tomorrow evening now.
IMG_20210110_153125.jpg

You going to crawl under at next car show to see the color of the tank straps that is dedication lol😁😁

You going to crawl under at next car show to see the color of the tank straps that is dedication lol😁😁

Don’t be daft. Sarah will have a 45 def mirror positioned front and rear to show how clean and sorted the car is underneath.

Besides, just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done nicely. Remind me not to buy a car from a bodger like you!!!! 😝😛😜

The color dosnt make a bodger doh.

A lot of the tank is covered by the exhaust heat shield. The exhaust comes out the side, so don't really need this heat shield. I have cleaned it up and painted it as plan to fit it as a little more extra protection for the tank.

Cleaned up the hole where the tank sits. I have some aluminium coming to cover the access hole.
1610310650311.png

Got done metal to cover the hole. The patterned stuff was cheaper than plain. It's hidden under the carpet anyway. I do like the look of it. Drill and tap it with foam gasket, will make a nice job of it.
IMG_20210111_130841.jpg

IMG_20210111_130837.jpg

New pump is in. Took all of 5 mins.

IMG_20210111_191907.jpg

IMG_20210111_192836.jpg

Sill waiting on the shocks being delivered from Rockauto via FedEx. Its been at Stanstead since Sunday. Had a text yesterday from FedEx saying it would be delivered today. I checked status and it was still at Stanstead and released, so was expecting it to be at the local depot first thing this morning. However for the first time ever FedEx havn't delivered on the day (usually earlier) FedEx did deliver something else earlier, so the driver is about.
I also ordered some electronics from Farnell last night, shipped via UPS to arrive today between 10.30 and 14:30, that didn't arrive today either. Usually they arrive on the day they say too.

Only thing I can think has happened is this...
1610472822594.png

Shocks have arrived.
I got a magnet Darren.
IMG_20210113_121650.jpg

Would the Eibachs from your 4th gen fit?
While searching for something else in the shed I did come across my old rear Eibachs.
IMG_20210113_123203.jpg

They lowered the car by quite alot.

I think even though discovering I kept them I'm still going to paint the old original Camaro ones to put back on.

Wow. Dual rate as well. But the main coils look really close to coil bind even at rest, or perhaps it’s the angle the picture is taken from?

Back