Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

Yay for Monday's delivery.....Boo for the rain! You get much done today in the end?

Thanks Sarah,let's hope for a early delivery then i can crack on with fitting the headliner, Not done to much apart from paint all the internal body parts i had removed plus a few more today found ?12.76 in ash try and under rear seats result, removed old headliner from board ready and removed the old glue/black resin ready for new T Top seals to go in, Have had a quoted to get door panels done good price so that's next with the wheels to be refurbed,

Sounds promising. Is it easy to fit?

Bit of an update with photos, the heed lining and foam turned up today at lunch so didn't get chance to fit but did get seals and clips back in car and finished of painting trim peaces, even managed to start and turn the car around back under the cove's now,

I'm glad you've been able to do other bits on the TA before your delivery comes :) I can't wait to see her all back together and in the flesh!

Thanks for asking, It's a toy for me to play with as on 1st page would like to add NOS at some stage but my baby is my mustang. The TA is something for me to rip apart and put back together (wait for the abuse) sell keep part ex what ever take's my fancy ,
i wanted something old school no electronic's easy to be a spanner monkey with it (wait for the abuse) have a bit of old school fun and i am enjoying it that's whats matters at the end of the day , it's geting a rep around where i live but it's not on police camera action yet lol:becky:

Last edited:
Bit of an update, repainted front metal work as didn't like the finsih, recovered the head lining with new foam and perforated head lining material just have to fit back into car now,ordered too much foam so have loads spare now

Good use of crocodile clips, however not so good use of such a nice Saleen. Good to see the Trans-am is progressing. Looks like its all coming together well. Is there a lot left?

Looking good :) I'm pretty sure you can get cheaper work benches though ;) ha.

Looking good I'm pretty sure you can get cheaper work benches though ha.
very good shame i havn't a bigger garage to make life easier,

Good use of crocodile clips, however not so good use of such a nice Saleen. Good to see the Trans-am is progressing. Looks like its all coming together well. Is there a lot left?
I would say about the same amout of foam again or just under,, That will teach me to look before i hit the order button again

With what's left of perfurated lining going to try and redo rear parcel shelf word being TRY

Last edited:
Not much been done to the old girl but got my wheel refurbed and got them back today,

So a big thank you to Owen at Arun tyres in Littlehampton 2nd lot of wheels he has done for my subaru and now my TA wheels they can be contacted on 01903 739601

Last edited:
Wow they look good - how much did that cost?

Well in between the feking rain managed to get the wheels on the car today,

The wheels really suit it, nice work there. Its coming along really well. i think you may have the wrong springs front and back, its sitting a bit high, did you borrow them off the other Trans-Am or did he swap them when you weren't looking?

Didn't you know that pontiac build 4 x 4 's :becky:..

Removed axle stands so back to normal road height now

Well managed to get rear parcel shelf all sorted with new foam and Linning and fitted,

Looking great, the Saleen is still coming in handy. I suppose it won't be long until you get the new Saleen.
You are getting very good at applying the foam and lining. If you car passing my house, feel free to drop in for a cuppa and see what you think of the interior roof in the Camaro. ;)

Back