Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

I'm guessing that's not a good quote? Are they charging you for mew seats?? lol.

Too true sounds like new seat prices dosn't it, might have a look around a scrap yard or two might find a couple of white leather seats ??????? (even ebay dosn't have white leather seats) something out of a merc,porsche mybe or a 4 x 4 that are the right size and fit .
Have seen othe car's at show's with non-standard front seat's so this might be the way to go??

Have now ordered halfshalfs and a few other parts so another busy weekend coming up if weather stays dry?

Think i might save up for this kit
NOS 07004 NOS Sniper Carbureted Nitrous Systems - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
A Few solent members have used NOS any help and advice would be great

I have a 300 shot of NOs direct port nitrous kit in the garage, I may pop it on the car one day, but just for show. Ron used to use NOS, although 600hp on NOS, kept blowing engines, Tony used to use NOS they kept blowing engines too. I guess if you do a 50shot of NOS and have gauges to monitor fuel pressure then you should be okay. The thing is, if the NOS fires, but extra fuel doesn't go in, then it doesn't take long before you engine start to melt, running very lean.
Although the alternative power adder would be turbo or supercharger they can be a bit costly, but if you engine goes then that could also be costly. I'm sure many NOS users may be able to tell you they got it reliable, but i haven't found a person yet. i think they started with sensible power, but got addicted, wanted more, and its gonna go bang.

Dan, I doubt the bottom end would live with a 300 shot. The guys in the US normally max a stock bottom end on a 150 shot. I think you will need a forged bottom end to take that, along with a secondary fuel pump and some bigger injectors too.
I've never tried NOS, but I think it's a great way too add power for those times when you need it.

Yes , car started life as a 2.8 v6 firebird , I run 150 shot of NOS , I had it on a button on the B&m shifter , it was the cheapest way to get the power I wanted ....if you don't know what you are doing you will blow up the engine , I also had NOS on a 2.8 capri I had many years , that was the fastest car I have ever had..

Sounds interesting,was it plug and play or did it need tuning up? 2.8 capri with NOS nice, had many capri's, 300 NOS Dan you know you want to or stick it in sarah's now that would make her happy,:becky:,

only planning on 100 ish shot of spray and have linked to dimmer switch to use, want to livern up the TA , been down the the SC route love it , So this is something new but won't be for some time yet . Got the rest of the car to do and still keep my saleen on the road,

Just checked my tracking info on parts some parts already in the uk result,

Last edited:
Forgot to say the capri was also running a turbo technics engine , it was 350bhp ish with NOS , it went through a few gearbox,s it had a LSD rear end ....0-60 4 seconds....it scared the life out of me on the road ....lol

Looks like another busy couple of weekends for me had another delivery result,
New half shalfts new door seals,new T-Top seals, head light adjustment screws and door pin catch bolts, And a dog asking where is his goodies lol,

Last edited:
Well had a good day today got the halfshafts back in with new outer bearings and seals , Removed door weather seals and fitted new ones, removed T Tops weather seals just have to clean the gullies up ready to refit, removed headliner well why not as had covers off to remove T Top seals so went the hole hog and removed liner, started to rub down all the metal covers ready for paint the primer has shown up areas so need to rub down again,also put in new door pin catches

Last edited:
Thanks S, here is a few more pictures from yesterday,

search the web can get the roof linning but not the headling board any ideas???
Thank chris any update on yours?

Last edited:
Looking good there ;)

Wow you have been busy. All them goodies being delivered and you got them on the car already. nice one, some good progress there.

Help fellow petrolheads,
After the perforated headling material in black for the TA, all i can find is large rolls of it only need 53" x 53" tryed local car upholster no reply yet,

Yes tryed e.bay large rolls or wrong color,
Have tryed these pleople
Woolies Trim have ups tracking for monday result , Bloody raining today so not sure what i will get done

Back