What have you done to your vehicle today?

I thought this thread might have got busier now the shows are over .......

I looked at my Fiero as I walked paster nice and tucked up under her cover today :mmph:

Told her she's got some work coming up ;)

Got the arse end up in the air to inspect the diff, and condemned it to the drive way, well that was yesterday. Today, just walked past it.

That's open to so many inuendo's Dan but as it's xmas won't say a word

Well had to sort central locking out on subaru as tail gate wouldn't lock traced to broken cable on hinge unit where tailgate and car body meet soldered in new cable and now works result

Changed the Vette's diff oil.
Next weekend is a coolant flush and gearbox oil change, and maybe clutch fluid.
It was a little warmer today, did you have to open the garage door to change the diff oil?
Is it easy ish to change the clutch fluid? is the a bleed screw you can get to on the slave cylinder?

Once the car was raised a little, the door stayed shut. It was warm enough but could have added a heater if needed.

The clutch design is the same as yours Dan. A PITA! But I have been told that if you regularly drain just the reservoir and refill with fresh, it does draw it into the system and if you repeat this reguarly you effect a fluid change. I've done it about 1/2 dozen times so far as the clutch fluid was pretty black when I bought the car and it's getting better with each change.

lol, Yeah I know the black fluid stuff. Had it a while back, but changed the clutch, slave and master cylinder so all had fresh. The slave cylinder had two stick like things sticking out, one went to the master cylinder, I wondered if the other was for draining, but there isn't a hole in the bell housing as far as I know to get to that sticky out bit(technical terms, lol). The interesting doing it in the reservoir, I will try it that way next, as it could probably do with some fresh by now.

Brake fluid is cheap, I figured if I use a bottle with regular changes of just the reservoir, and successfully change most of the fluid doing it then it's a win win situation.

Cover came off the Fiero yesterday in the wind so left it off and then started her up today and drove her round the close to move the tires.

God I miss driving her :(

Ordered some lights the other day, high beam and fog lights. Also the electric aerial from rock auto. First package is local so I should get it Monday. :)

I collected a nice sheet of metal that will be the Camaro's floor :)

And even better....I got it for free :)

Now to get her welded up, Mot'd and back driving!

Got some high beam head lights for it, and a replacement part for the electric aerial. Yay, it will go up and down again soon.

Got some high beam head lights for it, and a replacement part for the electric aerial. Yay, it will go up and down again soon.

What magnet did you get??? Or should I say 'I got' lol.....I won £50 Rock Auto vouchers at Canamania and let Dan spend them!

No magnet in this one, perhaps it will come in the other box.

Back