What have you done to your vehicle today?

an88fiero

Super Moderator
Thought I'd start this thread off - good idea?

Ok - I'll be the first.

We both spent the afternoon replacing all the rear suspension bushes on the Fiero. Had the parts for a while but never had the time to get on and do it.

Car drives much nicer with no squeaks at all (the roll bar was beginning to squeak!)

Thanks to hubby for doing this for me. I did help and have grained in dirt on my hands and under my nails to prove lol

Burning out old bushes is never a job I enjoy, but those new poly eurothane bushes came in two pieces so just pushed home. Time consuming but satisfying when an improvement is noticed.
And that completes the Fiero suspension with every component except springs replaced in the last 3 years.

Wednesday I smoked the tyres ready to get them changed at the tyre place that day, also wheel/camber alignment.
TyreMarks2014.jpg

Today: Popped UK spec lights and cats in the car ready for the MOT tomorrow.

Have to agree an88firo new bushes big differance,
Dan you broke into a secutrity area and opened gates to do a burn out good man lol
oH yes and i did bearings on my diff on the TA ...

looked at it.

Washed it, but even drying it was a challenge due to the heavy rain that followed. My plans for a coat of polish and a bit of detailing got washed away!

Fixed my rattling headlight door :)

Well the only thing I did with my car today was use as a coffee table whilst fitting a garage door to her house :)

Looked at mine again.

Stop looking at it (chris68coupe) :whistle: Find the keys and bring to hayling

Stop looking at it (chris68coupe) :whistle: Find the keys and bring to hayling
Have a look for Sarahs keys too :)

Took the car to Hayling for a show. Filled it up with gas on the way.

Drove her again yesterday ;)

Left the car cover on due to bad weather:rain:

Sarah gave it a quick shammy ready for the show. Seems to be running well. :)

Wheels off, washed and polished. Inner arches and suspension all cleaned. Then washed and polished the bodywork. Knackered now!

Washed and polished the Fiero ;)

Well yesterday I looked at the Camaro (we had the garage open for the lawn mower lol) Although next weekend I'll be picking up oil, coolant, etc to give her a proper service when we drag her out of the garage....not to mention a damn good clean!!

Back