What have you done to your vehicle today?

That's rubbish!!! That's what I was looking for when I came upstairs :(

Are you have the same trouble with magnets then as i do, have notice with rocauto at the moment they don't reply to e.mails service is starting to go down hill (IMO)

Are you have the same trouble with magnets then as i do, have notice with rocauto at the moment they don't reply to e.mails service is starting to go down hill (IMO)
There are on here sometimes, you can private Message them and usually get back to you in a day, the private message also its emailed to them. Its another route if you need to get hold of them.

I may pop into the garage today. Look for my 3.42 gears, may be a way I can get the car back on the road without any cost until I get the funds for new parts.

I did have two sets of gears in the garage, but I think I sold them both. Let me know if you can't find yours, and I'll double check but suspect if I do have anything they will be 2.73:1 for a two series carrier.

I should have two sets a 3.08 set that was for the wrong series carrier, and 3.42 which were originally on there, I rarely throw things out, but I can rarely find things again.

Its only a temporary thing to get the car back on the road for a few months. If I have troubles finding the 3.42's I'll let you know as I could do with borrowing a set for a little while. I'm not worried about the ratio, I'll be driving the car carefully as I'll still only be 1 wheel drive.

Dug around in the garage, found my broken diff and in the box was my old pinion and gears.
b0101f409254777bc7a581fc69d69b94.jpg

This should get me rolling again for now.

Did 350 miles in the TA yesterday to look at a road runner back home all washed and back under cover again. it got so dirty will all those miles under it's belt with no hiccups for a 35 year old car, proud of the old girl.

But do miss not being able to drive the beast BUT NOT LONG NOW TILL I TAX HER and let all hell break loose :heh:

I started up the old car and got it out today first time in 3 months so I could get on with insulating the garage nearly there, gave it a quick run around before putting away still seems to work ok :) Some racking next weekend and finish the insulating then I might get time to do some work on the car.

Only if you've forgot to do up the wheel nuts again lol 350 miles !!!! Must of won the lotto lol

01087c7649bd871c7d4c24599c0399a2.jpg

Dan is fixing the rear diff :) I have the hard job of putting the handbrake on and off haha!!

af010a9b0bf137a78c7063405c528d0e.jpg

Well didn't quite go to plan. The pinion was pretty well seated, managed to tap it out, but shrapnel from the teeth seemed to be jammed in the bearing carrier.
I need to get new bearings now before I can go any further.

Was a tad chilly out there, came in a few times for a cuppa and to warm up.

I have the hard job of putting the handbrake on and off haha!!
You will do anything for a easy life lol,

Good luck with rebuild dan

What a shame i have to move mustang out of garage tomorrow to take new fence panel through garage.

That's pretty chewed up, although that's all on my kitchen floor and hadn't realised it was chewed up THAT bad!!

01.jpg 02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg

05.jpg 06.jpg

07.jpg 08.jpg

And that little bit of metal on the left, in the picture below, is more than likely the culprit that caused all this damage!

09.jpg

Back