K-Member swap

Measured my camber, its between -1.5 and -1.8 degrees, i need to shoot for -1 degree. I'll check the caster next. Then get all this dialled in. Looks like i can create gear at home to do this rather than going to a garage which may insist in using factory settings.

The places I use are happy to set it specs I provide.
I’d be surprised if any garage insisted on factory specs. Maybe with the exception of Quik-fit as those place aren’t normally used by people who know.

last time i had mine done i had to provide the information as they said they could not access it

Saw a few other Pontiacs at the weekend from a distance. One guy there is converting a V6 4th gen to an LS1. He is after a k-member. Thats handy. I have one of thoese I wanted to get rid of. Its not in the way yet, but I do want to get rid of it, He asked how much do I want for it. I dont have a clue how much its worth, but £50 came into my mind. If they were to source one from the states it would cost more than that in shipping, and where the LS1 was only used from mid 98 until 2002 they probably dont turn up in scrap yards over here too often. I'm not out to make money from things, but dont want to let it go for free, it helps someone out too. I need to give it a quick clean and take it to the next meet in Horsham at Max's Diner that could be in a couple of weeks.

50quid and a burger job done

50quid and a burger job done
The burgers at that place are nice, had a brie/bacon burger.
Screenshot_20200601_122051_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yeah if he could order one of those that would be perfect. The dogs enjoyed helping too. A good serving, onion rings and chips came in another container.

Don’t think the k-member changed from 93 to production end in 02. Same for all engines from V6, the LT1 and LT4 and the LS1.

Don’t think the k-member changed from 93 to production end in 02. Same for all engines from V6, the LT1/4 and the LS1.
oh, seems he dosn't know that. He seemed to imply that to fit the LS1 in there he needed the k-member for it. I guess the subframe would be the same, but the engine mount part would be differerent, they do unbolt.

How much wow

Camber (°)Caster (°)Toe (°)
factory+1(± 0.5)+3(± 0 .5)0.15(± 0.5)
autox/street-0.5 to -1.0+4.0 to +5.00.0
autox*-1.5+4.0 to +5.01/16 inch toe out

Okay, been doing some suspention tweaking. Shooting for the autox/strert settings.
Camber is now -0.87 degrees. Caster is +4.1 degrees. Toe is 0.

Not driven yet. May do that tomorrow.

Should be responsive on turn in and will feel quicker to steer.
Be careful until you get used to it. With the power you have you could put the back end around very easily.

Where did that rain come from? It's been sunny for days. Now the TA is ready to go for a spin the roads are wet and it's still raining. May clear up by this evening. :unsure:

At the tyres place now, getting the puncture fixed in the Kia. Also booked tracking in for TA, I'm next :), I'll get them to set it up for autox/street. I wonder how close my measurements were.

IMG_20200803_100655.jpg

Back