K-Member swap

Done a bit more on the car tonight. Anti roll bar bolted up(not end links yet?) one suspention led on with disk and brakes. Track rod end changed on one side that didn't take long at all.

Using a spirit level the camber isn't far off, probably need to move the bottom adjuster in 4mm. I'll get it as vertical as possible until the garage is open to correct camber and tracking. Denmead tyres have done my camber and tracking before they have the factory transam settings on their system.

Try the below. I ran the autox/street settings.
You are lowered and have better shocks and different rate springs. The factory settings are redundant and you will like autox/street settings.

Camber (°)Caster (°)Toe (°)
factory+1(± 0.5)+3(± 0 .5)0.15(± 0.5)
autox/street-0.5 to -1.0+4.0 to +5.00.0
autox*-1.5+4.0 to +5.01/16 inch toe out

Cables from starter connected to the battery now.
IMG_20200425_185154.jpg

Cable tied sensors and brake pipes.

Getting a rough camber dialed in.
IMG_20200425_190831.jpg

Now to sort tracking.

IMG_20200425_191754.jpg

Tracking went well. Measured rim to rim at the bottom it was 129cm. Measured at the front end if the rim it was 130cm I could see it was out. Centered the steering and brought ut in 5mm each side. It now measures spot on. Its just to get it usable until I can get it professionally checked.

The car sits higher but that was to be expected as Strano springs not ment to be as low as I went. I quite like it higher. Needed the kmember higher, don't want that scraping. I can lower about 6mm at the front if I wanted.
IMG_20200425_203749.jpg

Tidying up in the morning and put in the new longer bolts at the rear, then test drive.

Checked its all done up. There are some access panels on the right of the picture that I had to remove for the sway bar removal. Oil filled, no leaks. Not long until the test drive.
IMG_20200426_112302.jpg

Test drive all went good, about 1 mile. Didn't wang it around corners, but did try brakes hard. All felt good.
Been giving the car a quick clean. May polish it after the BBQ.

Polished the car after the BBQ, and cleaned my tail pipes.

MOT guy was impressed with how it all looked underneath. All went rather well.

Got a pass. So thats all good for another year.
Back in its house now.
1587973804507.png

Rockauto delivery is here.
With a fridge magnet too.
1587986929337.png

Yeah, mainly posted the fridge magenet for Darren's benefit, he seemed to go through a stage of not receiving any fridge magenets from Rock Auto. So if i get one I make sure he knows about it. :sneaky:

swine, or show i say BAARR humbug lol

Took the car for a 2x15min drive this evening. Gave it some beans. Wow does it feel good. The way the power goes down feels very nice. Cornering feels great.

Any oil leaks after the test Drive?
Havn't looked underneath, but usually when I have my window open and give it some beans up a hill oil vapour would come in through the gear stick. Didn't get any of that on the test drive.

I'll still change the rocker cover gasket and grommet things.

I still have new MSD coil packs, Racetronix flow tested fuel injectors and expensive HT leads to fit. Fuel injectors are 42lb/hr rated, I am running the same ones, but my current ones must be 10 years old by now, stock was 28lb/hr or 26lb/hr.

Last edited:
Your car will soon be bionic sponge bob soon as you have rebuilt it but cost less than 6 million lol,,,,

Your car will soon be bionic sponge bob soon as you have rebuilt it but cost less than 6 million lol,,,,

Funny you should say Sponge bob. He is in the passenger seat.
1588235773368.png

1588235852484.png

Havn't looked underneath, but usually when I have my window open and give it some beans up a hill oil vapour would come in through the gear stick. Didn't get any of that on the test drive.

I'll still change the rocker cover gasket and grommet things.

I still have new MSD coil packs, Racetronix flow tested fuel injectors and expensive HT leads to fit. Fuel injectors are 42lb/hr rated, I am running the same ones, but my current ones must be 10 years old by now, stock was 28lb/hr or 26lb/hr.
Sounds promising re the oil leak. And some nice bits still to fit. You've done really well fitting the new suspension parts and other bits. Nice one! (y)

Yeah it was good fun installing the suspention bit. Doing a little bit here and there and not in a rush to do it, apart from when the MOT was getting to be 1 week away. Only just completed it the day before.
Invested in a couple of spanners, 28mm ones, as I have 23's, 25's and a 32mm spanner, but 28's were needed for the UMI adjustment nuts. I do have an adjustable that does metric and imperial, but its always good to have a spanner that fits the nut correctly.
Now we just need some nice weather and some shows.

Measured my camber, its between -1.5 and -1.8 degrees, i need to shoot for -1 degree. I'll check the caster next. Then get all this dialled in. Looks like i can create gear at home to do this rather than going to a garage which may insist in using factory settings.

Back