Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

Leave the turn signal housings clear as per factory and fit orange bulbs to make the turn signals.
Then wire in some LED housings in the same enclosure so that they are dual purpose. Nice and clean.

Leave the turn signal housings clear as per factory and fit orange bulbs to make the turn signals.
Then wire in some LED housings in the same enclosure so that they are dual purpose. Nice and clean.

this is what i have already fitted
(one etherside of fuel flap were the reverse but have since been changed to indicator lights bogged wiring and orange lamps fitted)

remember the wiring has been badly done and has wires cut it already has orange lamps fitted (where the reverse was ) but panel as can been seen from pictures is smoked so fitting LED inside will ofset the white color needed for reverse which is why i was thinking of LED panel under the bumper bit like what they do for the SVA conversion where they fit a reverse/fog light under rear bumper or fit into bumper itself which i don't want to do as in bumper looks naff .

hope that now makes more sense ?

Good idea chris yes some of his work looks good,
But being smoked panels not sure if anything inside smoked panel will work due to it ofseting white color so think my two options are to sort out bad wiring and fit or not fit LED panel under bumper as these are bit more discrete that those bulb boxes they fit for SVA.

Last edited:
Personally I would still go two functions in one light enclosure even if it meant un-smoking the lights or finding replacements. I would unbodge the wiring by tracing as far back as needed and replacing.
I always think having any lights hanging about outside is tacky/cheap looking personally.

Daz because your car is pre 1985 it come outside the scope of the sva so I would turn back to how it was with red flashing indercators or fit led lit like american Thunder has!

Nope forget that only american pre 1967 can have red flashing indicators even if a later car came fitted as standard . Can you not fit hi powered led bulbs in there? Have seen that done to good effect?or there's a guy in Australia that makes yellow lens ends (outerside light) that you just cut and glue in?

Thanks for reply's chap's,yes must sort out the bad wiring properly end up with just sensor's for now as don't want to buy new rear lights and add led reverse at a later date, as the smoked glass i have would effect color of reverse light output . if they were not smoked then it would be easy to add reverse lights,
so how much to bribe the MOT guy then?:heh:

Darren

Have a word with Nathan (68 coupe) on MOCGB he may be able to help..... BrightLightCustoms - Hom .

this guy is good can put everything behind the standard rear lens i have got amber indicator and reversing light behind a 1" x 1.5" lens. if anyone would like a look what he did for the Ranchero you are more than wolcome

Thanks for reply's chap's,yes must sort out the bad wiring properly end up with just sensor's for now as don't want to buy new rear lights and add led reverse at a later date, as the smoked glass i have would effect color of reverse light output . if they were not smoked then it would be easy to add reverse lights,
so how much to bribe the MOT guy then?:heh:

reversing light not part of mot, don,t know why but led,s tend to show through colour lens's there original colour.

reversing light not part of mot, don,t know why but led,s tend to show through colour lens's there original colour.

Yup true on both counts. So you could fit orange LED indicator bulbs, with white LED strip lights for reversing in the same housing. The only mod you might need is the flasher relay.

True not doing it for MOT , but not going to worry now something to add at a later date. well wiring is a mess exposed wiring more cable joints just taped up having to order new lamp holders but have got reverse sensors fitted into bumper just need to get some cable supports for backside of bumper and when lamp holder come can put all back together as have new cable and plent of heat shrink ready,
DSCF1593.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1591.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1592.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1589.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCF1590.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

well not much done tighten up steering colum bolts and recrimpted exposed wire under dash and clued in rubber support where sensor cable goes through metal part of rear bumper and waiting on rockauto to update tracking coming via fed ex acording to e.mail so fed ex not updated yet ref lamp holders . bet they don't get here for next weekend ? as would light to tax it and drive it again and take a trip over to bodyshop.

My iac shipped by fedex. They still haven't updated tracking but the tracking number works on parcelforces website. Worth a try ;)

How odd that Fed-Ex tracking number works on Royal Mail. If they shipped by USPS then the tracking number will work, as it their equivalent. perhaps that explains why it has taken longer than usual to arrive.

Yes it is strange - the part we had delivered last week was shipped via I-parcel which is UPS and even that came via Parcelforce :(

Well no deliver today of part's but tracking dose say they are in the uk so looks like no tax till may now for TA . Just have to tax mustang what a shame :eyebrows:

Barstards £8 handling fee from royal to pay before they release my £21 parcel :tsk::tsk::rant:

from my experience of royal mail it should be a mishandling fee

Back