What have you done to your vehicle today?

swopped over the engine/gearbox on the p100. should start a thread on this as its become far more involved that originally intended

Yesterday (Friday): had all the TPMS's replaced.

These have now all learnt their positions on the car and are reporting back.
For the first time in ages, I don't have that annoying "bong" as the computer reports a fault with one or more sensors and the irritating light on the dash that accompanies it!
They did take a while to learn, probably around 20 miles but so far so good.

Glad you got to the bottom of it, and that light has gone.

Looked at location of exhaust - stuck in customs waiting charges to be paid!

Don't know what they are yet so have to wait a little while more grrr!

What postal service did you use? FedEx, UPS or DHL usually gives me a call or an email when customs is due, often gets paid before it's landed in the UK to save any delays.

Didn't have any choice with this supplier. They used USPS stateside so that comes in as ParcelFarce in the UK.
They will sit on it while picking the towel fluff it of their bum before eventually sending a letter by snail mail informing of the duties to be paid.
Then it will likely get flung into the back of a van and driven from Coventry to Wiltshire by way of Aberdeen and a brief vacation on Stornoway before arriving bent out of shape and completely useless for its purpose.
Oh, I don't like ParcelFarce, can you tell they screwed us around before?

They will sit on it while picking the towel fluff it of their bum before eventually sending a letter by snail mail informing of the duties to be paid.

:rofl: that made me chuckle. Hope it all arrives safe.

Didn't have any choice with this supplier. They used USPS stateside so that comes in as ParcelFarce in the UK.
Then it will likely get flung into the back of a van and driven from Coventry to Wiltshire by way of Aberdeen and a brief vacation on Stornoway before arriving bent out of shape and completely useless for its purpose.
Oh, I don't like ParcelFarce, can you tell they screwed us around before?

i had this grief once. i went to local [p]arcel force sorting office to try and get things moving and was told its here if you pay the duty you can take it now. they had my parcel for 2 weeks

Hi,
Thought I would share what I have been up to last few weeks. Finally finished stripping out my interior!

Doing a full replacement, all in black with grey leather seats and upgraded to rear shoulder belts as you can see from the new brackets added.

Looks good. Great progress.

Found any nasty's with the intiour out? mybe start a new thread with all pictures and progress would nice to see
did you buy custom fit intiour or get made ?

Found any nasty's with the intiour out? mybe start a new thread with all pictures and progress would nice to see
did you buy custom fit intiour or get made ?

I was expecting to find something nasty but in truth it was better than I hoped and everywhere is pretty clean other than the drivers side where you can see someone has put on some rust protection over where there must have been rust (Due to a roof seal leak I believe by the state of the headlining) and to make perfect I would replace the floorpan there but for now I am happy to live with.

Most of the interior I have managed to swap with a 3rd gen parts guy who was parting out a 1991 car and missing bits plus everything else I have shipped in from the US bit by bit or picked up when I have been there.

I have already fitted front ant rear carpet, half the plastics and the 4th gen rear seats and seatbelts (quick garage pic below). Front seats are with a trimmer in Southampton who is replacing the worn leather sides to make them like new.

I will have a go at a full thread then to show all the updates and progress, cheers

Great progress, always great reading this write-ups, thanks for sharing.

I will have a go at a full thread then to show all the updates and progress, cheers

thread yes please would be good,

Back