What have you done to your vehicle today?

Done some tuning, and its going rather well.
A few little blips of the throttle, taken it up to 3500rpm now. Very happy. Must have re-flashed the ECU about 2 times when i was out. Its getting close now, well all MAP ranged below 3500 rpm anyway. Also while attacking fuelling, i have also been adjusting spark as they really need to be done together. If you get a knock retard, then it could be too much timing, but if you are a little lean that is probably the cause. So all going well, feels great to be driving it, giving it a little more oomph, and with the roof off.

IMAG5483.jpg
Picked up the NOS bar from the CNC shop. The other two solenoids are at home. it will be likely that I will get this anodised. The fixings fit right on top of the fuel rail mounts, the pitch is perfect.

It will be hooked up to look likes its functional. I do not plan on using it. Well not in the foreseeable future.

Took the T/A to work today and the car was steaming this morning, looked like a fire breathing dragon when sitting in traffic. It goes in 5 mins, and doesn't come back. To passer bys they think something is majorly wrong. I know it's just moisture in the header wrap burning off.

Talking of heat insulation stuff. Well one of my plug wires has signs of getting hot, it is very close to the exhaust. Posted a couple of options in this post:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/general-discussion/25510-started-dismantling-trans-am-engine-37.html#post70770
Trying option one, some Thermal sleeve 25mm, Thermal Velocity Extreme Heat Sleeve 25mm Diam x 1 Metr
  • Wire Harnesses, Control Cables, Hoses, Under Hood Conduit, Fuel Lines
  • Economical and Easy to Install
  • Resist Gasoline and Engine Chemicals
  • Extremely Durable Resin Coated Fibreglass
  • Cut and Abrasion Resistant

Thermal Velocity Extreme Heat Sleeve is an extremely high temperature resistant sleeve commonly used as thermal protection for wires, cables and hoses that are subjected to continuous and extreme high temperature environments, such as engine manifolds and exhaust systems.

Extreme Heat Sleeve is braided from fibreglass yarns and coated with high temperature resins. It is tough and durable, maintaining its tight structure under extreme vibration, abrasion, mechanical stress and temperature variations.

Extreme Heat Sleeve is available in a wide range of diameters. It installs easily over a variety of applications to either deflect or retain heat in environments up to 1,200 F.
IMAG5488.jpg

Trim to 1/8th length. Roll over ends.
IMAG5490.jpg

Just fitted one for now, the one that seems to be closest. Drive to work.
IMAG5491.jpg

Cut the rest to length.
IMAG5492.jpg

Now I have enough, well if I can find the other one I cut down, probably left it on the sofa at home.
IMAG5493.jpg

I best keep driving it, keep them warm. :)

Or perhaps you could use your shed building skills and add an even bigger shed to store the Camaro in? The garden sits alongside the drive IIRC?"

Or perhaps you could use your shed building skills and add an even bigger shed to store the Camaro in? The garden sits alongside the drive IIRC?"

Yes, it has been suggested. Really enjoyed doing the shed. Would happily do another.

Or maybe.... get the Camaro running?

:shocked: :bolt:

I wouldn't take long I'm sure. Its where do we put it to work on it, and when its all road worthy, where do we put it. Need a wider driveway before working on the Camaro.
This is in progress. As to widen the drive way, I need to put in the raise flower bed (wood ordered), then I can start putting up the fence, and then knock down the wall, and concrete a driveway.

Changed the oil and filter tonight. All went okay, the old filter was a pig to get off, and I only done it hand tight 100 miles ago. I even done a screwdriver through it trick. Got there in the end.
Still running smooth, drove it up the hill to meet with some others up there.

Assuming you put fresh oil on the seal? It shouldn't have been that tough to get off.
Good job though.
Thats what I would have thought, i put oil on the seal, went on easy enough, not sure why it was soo much of a struggle getting off.

Today I fitted the other sleeves around the spark plugs. Didn't take long to do. Looks like little socks.
IMAG5520.jpg

IMAG5521.jpg

Washed. And polished. The car was filthy after last weekend so wanted it clean ready for the Mopar meet at Brooklands next week.

Struggled to complete it. Fell off my bike yesterday and then fell off ladders this afternoon so feeling a bit battered, bruised and shaken.

Photo to follow, the car not my injuries.

Back