What have you done to your vehicle today?

If you need any GM diff additive I have a spare bottle. I wont be needing it anymore.

And yes snail mail is rubbish these days, speaking of which shipping from the States is getting horrendous....or is it me?
I got a shipping quote to send a $13.99 bottle of diff additive of $108!!!!!:faint:

It has got really bad - i think company's are just gouging us on price because it doesn't cost them anything like that much to send.
But, both US automotive and Ult Spares sell the diff additive.

Sounds like the moan from the rear is connected to the throttle position in some way. The further down the throttle goes the louder the moan.

Sounds like the moan from the rear is connected to the throttle position in some way. The further down the throttle goes the louder the moan.

That's not from the rear, that's from the passenger seat!:bolt:
The diff noise is a moan when turning at low speeds and looking through the receipts there is a invoice with 75-90w oil, which I think is for the diff but there isn't any additive listed so I'm going to put some in to see if the noise goes.

Fitted new wiper blades to the TA the other day. It was about time I changed them, brought them off Dave a while back now. Easy to fit.

Fitted new wiper blades to the TA the other day. It was about time I changed them, brought them off Dave a while back now. Easy to fit.

Yay! :) ;)

Went through Mtuk the best I could (without being able to lift her and pulling out a portion of the engine) the other day…and it looks like I will be needing a new cat, exhaust box, master cylinder (or brake boost refurb kit), maybe a head gasket, brake rotors & callipers, drums, tie rod ends and a couple of dust covers here and there. Plus, a general service, of course.......And maybe an O2 sensor (it looks pretty horrid, but seems to be readin fine for now).

There is a small possibility the poor thing might have a cracked head, but I think it more likely a head gasket by the evidence I have been presented with. THANK THE LORD or...Universe...or whatever.

SOO! Here we go… now to ask friends and family to look out for the cheapest prices for me and have some bits sent over. I HOPE!

In the meantime, the green beastie is going to be side-lined for the most part (will visit a show or two here and there). I wonder how long that will be (could be months)! EEK! Eh well, could be worse! And considering she’s early 20, I think she’s doing a damn good job for being a little PoS Saturn ;) No major problems to date! Only general maintenance :)

yesterday not today - but I drove it!!!
Just took the TATA for a little drive to test the work I had done. A little bt of idle surging is there but I think the idle screw is just a little to far in and its just enough to make the transition off the idle circuits.
I'll tinker again when I get some more time.
Its certainly got more 'pep' than when I last drove it - just as well because compared with the Vette its got nothing!!!
Off to the bodyshop this week.....

I bet it felt nice driving it. Tinkering is always good. It may not have as much power as the vette, but its certainly a head turner.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yep, I can imagine that.

any pic's from body shop of work ??

Bought brakes! But for the daily driver, nothing exciting.
More time away from what I want to be working on this weekend!! :tsk:

Bought brakes! But for the daily driver, nothing exciting.
More time away from what I want to be working on this weekend!! :tsk:
It still a Chevy, so not all bad.

Took the Fiero for her MOT - she passed!!!

Back