What have you done to your vehicle today?

Bought new switches for: Light dipper, ignition and wiper/washer all for upcoming MOT.

Have fun fitting then chris,,

Two speed wiper works but not the washer, checked out the pump which works OK, previous owner said it was tempramental. The light dipper was just worn out but worked. Ignition is a strange one, motor always turns and starts but occassionaly the instruments and indicators don't come on. Flick the switch off then on and all works fine.

it had the rat look, matt black and a white roof. pinto 2l engine/auto gearbox. was used as daily driver only did the cruise in it once. think i might have taken it to the hungry horse once. spent the cash on a msd efi for the ranchero. fun while it lasted.but if i had driven it through another winter i it would have needed a full restoration.

This is the Consol I believe.
attachment.php

Photographed at the Brickworks museum April this year:- http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/sarah-albums-bursledon-brickworks-april-2015-a.html

Day started well,,,,on the road at 7.15 to get my exhaust system from US automotive,, back by 1pm,,,,Removed current system (which was easy as it is 2x cherry bombs off the downpipe's....got the new Y pipe on and the rain started,,hope for better weather tomorrow evening

Day started well,,,,on the road at 7.15 to get my exhaust system from US automotive,, back by 1pm,,,,Removed current system (which was easy as it is 2x cherry bombs off the downpipe's....got the new Y pipe on and the rain started,,hope for better weather tomorrow evening

Pics? :becky:

Sounds like a nice set up, will be great to see, and hear :)

Ok so they are not pictures of work in progress but they are the completed specimen,,,,as you see the cherry bomb has been modified by the road surface and that was from the left bank,,,,the right side is no better.
But i am happy that it can now be driven with out too much worry about ground clearance....For those that know what the underside of these things is like the cherry sat below the frame rail so very close to the road

Certainly good ground clearance now. nice job :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by July92RS View Post
Pics?

Have to agree pic's lot's of them.

Bet that wasn't cheep exhaust parts ?, i have a receipt in my paperwork for TA for exhaust system £600 from previous owner..

edit just seen a few pictures nice flexi pipes on there and how low were low cherry bombs core blimey

No flexi pipe on there sir,,,, Y pipe,, 2 fire rings for manifold, intermediate pipe,silencer and 2 tail pipes £305.00 and £23.00 for 2 sleeves as i had to use a length of pipe where the CAT once was fitted

Are must be when it was in manderl bending machine quick look at pic looked like flexi . Sounds a good price well done,

Back