What have you done to your vehicle today?

I'm over the moon with it - always disliked that other front number plate and not sure of legality of it.

So much better now and of course can hide it at shows :)

Just replaced the pump to carb fuel hose after spotting a leak after yesterdays run.

Black or clear remember we need pictures lol, did you do filter as well???

Black or clear remember we need pictures lol, did you do filter as well???

Black - 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD, 24" long........What more do you want?

Filter was not leaking and fairly new. However, I did fit two new jubilee clips as supplied with the hose which I had to cut down due to being one metre long and looked silly at full length. My screwdriver got a bit messy so I cleaned it off and decided to use a 7mm socket with extension to do the final tensioning. after wiping down my tools I had a cup of tea and a biscuit. Later I had a shower.

Filter was not leaking and fairly new. However, I did fit two new jubilee clips as supplied with the hose which I had to cut down due to being one metre long and looked silly at full length. My screwdriver got a bit messy so I cleaned it off and decided to use a 7mm socket with extension to do the final tensioning. after wiping down my tools I had a cup of tea and a biscuit. Later I had a shower.

Very detailed ;)

Very detailed indeed, no need for photos on that one, especially not the last part.

Thanks did make me laugh this morning,

The cam I pulled out ended up being a comp cams 280h which is slightly more aggressive than the rpm one that I've fitted back in.the engine ran fine but the cam was an unknown lol hence fitting a new one looking into stall converters now as it's never got up and gone from the line. To be fair when it had the holly on there if you stomp on the gas it just stalled and then catch fire lol

To be fair when it had the holly on there if you stomp on the gas it just stalled and then catch fire lol
Is that why there is flames painted on the car?

The cam I pulled out ended up being a comp cams 280h which is slightly more aggressive than the rpm one that I've fitted back in.the engine ran fine but the cam was an unknown lol hence fitting a new one looking into stall converters now as it's never got up and gone from the line. To be fair when it had the holly on there if you stomp on the gas it just stalled and then catch fire lol

01onal-poster.jpg

Flame jobs have their risks.....

Fixed coolant hose on Mazda MX5 nice little job small and low car but it's up and running again had to make hose up as 4 wk wait from mazda

Also started Fiero up and promised to drive her next weekend :)

Since the last report, have drilled a small hole in the gas cap to prevent pressure build up in the fuel tank. When I replaced the cap to tank hose recently I also made a new gasket which was three times thicker than the original crumbling gasket. This led to excessive pressure build up in the tank due to a better seal being made between tank and fuel cap causing a smallish leak in the fuel tank. Tried to seal it with some stuff from 'Pro Parts' but would not work! Gave it an hour to cure but no better, so, for no apparent reason as walking by, opened the gas cap and an allmighity WHOOOOOOSH came from the tank! Drip stopped dripping, stuff cured, problem solved. Thank you and good night

Taxed the Fiero yesterday and went for a short drive - god it's good to be back in her - especially as replacing the steering bushing means no more rattle - yay!!!

Back