What have you done to your vehicle today?

Lost kickdown yesterday, had a look today and the rod has separated from the gear box! Might have to make a new link.

Try a can of easy start as you have mentioned you checked tryed all the electrical side of things

easy-start.jpg

if car run's on this stuff that say's it's a fueling issue i ended up rebuilding my carb Full of gunk,cr#p inside got a carb kit from rockauto

run's sweat now,

Try a can of easy start as you have mentioned you checked tryed all the electrical side of things

easy-start.jpg

if car run's on this stuff that say's it's a fueling issue i ended up rebuilding my carb Full of gunk,cr#p inside got a carb kit from rockauto

run's sweat now,

It will start very briefly on easy start if sprayed down the carb. But if the servo is allowing air into the inlet system the air is entering below the carb so weakening the air/fuel mix. Adding the easy start is just adding more flammable stuff to the petrol to balance out the air leak.

Just an update on my non starting troubles.
It's finally fixed! Turns out the condenser was dead. I had checked for a spark and it did have one but it obviously wasn't a good enough one to run properly.
Starts well now, runs and revs perfectly. Just changed oil and filter as it stank of petrol from lots of cranking but no firing.

Got my new master cylinder from the US. Thought it would look a bit crap in bare steel, especially once it starts to rust. So I etch primed it, then gave it a few coats of satin black under hood paint. Looks nice now.

Just got to sort the brakes out now (tomorrow's job) then it's cruising time!

Looks good and well done for fixing the issue ;)

Bought a front number plate at Wheels Day so I can put my present I had for Christmas "2013" on :whoo:

Here's one slightly played with :)

image.jpg

Moved my work bench sorry my car so i could get to my work bench as needed to use the pillar drill and vice ,

Started her up and drove her round the close to turn the tires :)

3 weeks, 4 days until I tax her - yay!!!!

Took the t-tops off and drove up to the hill and back, great to get out and give the car a bit of an airing. Also pushed the loud pedal further than ever since the new axle, faster than I recall. Been so used to the fiesta pulling power, forgot how much the Trans-am pulls your teeth as your eyes sink back into the eye sockets while the vision becomes blurry around the edges like warp drive in Star-Trek, felt darn good :)

So that's what all the nicer I heard earlier today was... ;)

Removed the badge from the front nose of the Vette and refitted it. When I bought the car the nose was in need of paint and the bodyshop used adhesive pads that were too thick. This made the badge sit slightly proud of the surface. Now all done with the proper stuff, looks luvly!!!

And my poly sway bar bushings are at the post office!! Will collect tonight or tomorrow morning.

Drove the car to Portsmouth to pick up some trophies for our show. Look great. Car feels good, gave it some beans for longer today, a little blip up portsdown hill when a bike thought he could leave me behind at the lights.
Will give the car a clean later today ready for the Chichester show tomorrow. Not done the brake conversion yet, will do after our show.

That's really nice, such a good idea. Looks better without the plate at shows.

Just need to get some paint made up so I can get rid of the black and the damaged bit :)

Back