What have you done to your vehicle today?

I have to say thats its nice on the single lane, cow s**t soaked roads I drive everyday! Allows me to steer even with locked up brakes, and believe me - there are places where farmers move cattle from one field to another and no tyres will maintain traction on that road surface!!!
But I removed it from my old TA and had no need to worry about it. But then, removing it didn't set any dash lights either and I understand that those are now checked at MOT time? Easy to bypass still, but if they plug in a diagnostic it will need tuning out completely to avoid being picked up.

I was wondering if I could tune it out. Like I did with the rear 02 sensors to not set a light.

So where does the vehicle speed for the dash some from? does it get that from the front wheels?

I am tempted to give them a call and say don't worry about fitting the ring, but what troubles will that give me? okay the potential of an ABS light.

I cant find info on other forums just yet.... been searching, so I'm relying on your fountain of knowledge.... :eyebrows:

Last edited:
You will need to tune it out.
If the MOT tester checks to ensure all dash lights come on with the ignition and go off when the engine is started, you will need to fudge it somehow - quite easy by wiring the bulb in parallel with another.
You can save quite a few pounds in weight by removing the ABS module and pump from the engine bay. The kit is simple to fit, includes a proportioning valve to adjust front/rear bias and you can add a line lock.
You can buy the flaring tool from the supplier or get one locally. It took me a few days to plan out where to make the initial cuts in the lines and have the guts to do it but I never regretted it.

Sorry - forgot to answer the question on vehicle speed.
This comes from a sensor on the tailshaft of the transmission and will be unaffected. You will lose traction control (if equipped) though, although on the f-body that is rudimentary and quite poor anyway.

Okay on that note. I've just called Hauser Racing to carry on and not to worry about the speed sensor ring. :)

Just deleted it in the ECU... no dash light should appear from the ABS module now. Will reflash that change into the ECU at some point.

Ordered the removal of ABS kit along with the line lock kit. Order been confirmed and I've sent shipping payment too :)

Cool, you'll be amazed at how heavy the pump and module is. I found the idea of cutting existing brake lines frightening and I put it off for a couple of days, but once committed I got it done and made a very tidy job of it even if I do say so myself!

All that work you will be doing will deserve a new thread and lot's of pictures and video of burn out with the line lock :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rear end is here. In the kitchen uploadfromtaptalk1426888345680.jpg

All nice and shiney with new paint hope that won't last long with the 1st BURN out:burnout::burnout:

Back