What have you done to your vehicle today?

It would probably fit too, I could put up with the wrong gear ratio for now. Thanks for the idea.

It would be handy as we can't get anything done to the Camaro with his car in the way, and I don't fancy missing the start of the season!!

Ah yes, your right, found a website saying its 3.23, Camaro Technical Database I always thought it was 2.73 for an auto on a 3rd gen but looks like that V8 only.

ahh - i stand corrected. Looking at your link the the 3.42 is more common on the 4th gen. Either way, it might get you mobile...

Yep, gear ratios are certainly near enough. Its not too much work getting the axle off. The fiddly bit was getting the brake lines off as they were old. I have all new ones now. I'm hoping they will have a cancellation and I can get the axle in sooner. As its a nice idea to swap the axles, it would leave Sarahs car stuck in the garage, which doesn't help with getting it out to be welded. The drive way isn't totally smooth so pulling it out on a pair of jacks wont really work either.

Hmm just thinking about brake lines. Sarahs car will have a single line running front to back. Yours could have 1 or 2 depending on the ABS/Traction control system fitted.
My 97 had the 2 pipe system but not all do. I think it depends on the ABS, 3 channel vs 4 channel. 3 channel uses a sensor on the crown wheel of the diff, 4 channel uses a sensor on each wheel.
Either way, Sarahs car won't have ABS and you will likely set a code leaving ABS unplugged. Not a big problem - just a light on the dash.

Do you know of anyone with some dollies that could be placed under the rear chassis just to enable you to move it? How far does it have to move (can you get both the T/A and the Camaro on the drive in tandem)?

Do you know of anyone with some dollies that could be placed under the rear chassis just to enable you to move it? How far does it have to move (can you get both the T/A and the Camaro on the drive in tandem)?
car-driveway.jpg
Not the best of photos, but the Trans-Am on the drive, the red line is the end of the drive, we can just about get the fiesta and Trans-Am on there touching, and slightly over hanging the red line. The Camaro in the garage, we only have to roll it out enough to open the door.

Sarah found google earth have an updated image of the house, so a good place to grab a screenshot. I wasn't hovering over the top taking the photo incase you wondered.

pete had some dollys

Up until recently it was of the previous owner's car....now it has all our cars and my old motorbike on it :)

I would say, the length of the fiesta possibly?? The Camaro is driven in frontwards.

Gave Hauser racing a call today to see if there was a chance that I could drop in the axle to them next week and they can do it when they have time in hope they can do it before the 25th March(which is is booked in for). It does mean two trips, however should get it back and on the car quicker :).
So my plan is to stick a car battery in the fiesta, run some wires to a 5V converter and then USB, so I can charge my phone in the Fiesta as it has no fag lighter. So Monday afternoon I'll whizz up to Wellingborough.

Ordered read D bushes for the subaru today CPA didn't have them is stock :mmph:

Re- fitted the rack, and quick test drive. All good.
Tried out some new polish on the Fiero too, work in progress.

Took the Vette out for a quick spin, it's first of the year. Didn't get on it at all, but all good!

Fantastic day to work outside and get stuff done!

Took mine out for a spin today, also the first of the year.

Wish I could take mine for a spin. With no axle it doesn't go too well.

Not used to all this work - knackered now lolol

Back