What have you done to your vehicle today?

Remember we need pictures lol, keep the good work up,,

Stuck new rear shoes and hardware in back axle of TA and ordered new foot brake cable :)

spongebob-square-pants-imagination-spongebob-picture.jpg

Well its wet here today, was going to paint the axle, but even if I go it just inside the garage door, it could get some rain on it, so will see what its like tomorrow.

Instead I'm doing some circuit board stuff for one company, may have it completed by 1 pm, then moving onto the next companies circuit boards. All of my websites(apart from solent-renegades and Bailey) have moved to an updated hosted server. Most things migrated well, apart from a couple of databases which I need to tinker with, most of it went well with a bit of email down time. Not really needing the extra work load this weekend, but I guess it had to be done at some point.
I have two website servers, one on windows and one on Linux, the Solent-Renegades one is pretty much on its on on the Linux server, which is probably more than capable of running the 30 or so websites on the Windows server. Anyway i will shut up now as this is a car thread. :)

Still want to do my own website at some point - just not sure where to begin ..... Got the domain - just need to put something on it ! :) :)

Got the domain - just need to put something on it ! :) :)

The thing here is to stick to what you/we know. No point having pictures and descriptions of VW camper vans, we know nothing no about them. Start with what we know, Fiero's, Firebirds, Camaros & Corvettes. It can always grow later!

Well was supposed to be fixing the car today, new trailing arm bushes but it is now broken as the stud at the end of the arm sheared off, then it got worse tried to remove mount from chassis bolts were well rusted in but finally managed to remove them as the fuel tank hinders that side, why won't it come out now the bolts are out, f*** a repair to the inner sill at some time has also a weld attached to the bracket so looks like the grinder is out tomorrow. Wish I hadn't bothered should have just left it as an advisory. ........ :(

Sounds like you have been busy Rob. I vote for the grinder action too. At least its dry weather today, not sunny but dry. So I'll probably give my axle a lick of paint.

Cleaned underneath the rear of the Vette :)

Painting started
IMAG0999.jpgIMAG1000.jpgIMAG1001.jpgIMAG1002.jpg
Looking good, waiting for it to go tacky so I can get another coat on it today.

It was a handy idea attaching the half shaft to the wheel and then sliding the axle over the top, I can paint swivel it to paint the other side. If i had it on the ground I could't only really paint one side at a time.

Last edited:
Pulled the steering rack out of the Fiero. The rack has a nylon bushing in it that's worn and allows the inner tie-rod to rattle.
I'll drop it in to a mate tomorrow morning to do the bush.

That's good going Dave, was it a pain to get out? i guess at least the engine isn't in the way. Its a little warmer today than it has been.

Wasn't too bad. I stripped out the spare wheel tub and a few bits and pieces and then you can see the rack. One pinch bolt unhooks the steering column and a quick tap on each outer tie rod end frees them off. Then it's just 4 bolts.

Been back out for the second coat of paint. Wore rubber cloves and a jacket, and yet somehow I have black paint up my arm.

Sure is, its like a tattoo, been scrubbing till it goes red, and its still black. Certainly good stuff, hope it sticks to the car that well.

Last edited:
Dropped the rack off with a mate at 7 o'clock this morning. He will press in the bush and drill/tap or rivet it in place for me.
So hopefully next weekend, I can get it back in....

Called Hauser Racing, the parts are there now. Yay, now for the bad news.... they can't do the work till the 28th March, if the have a cancellation they will call me, but thats the date for now. The next trouble is we would like to get Sarahs car ready for Wheels day on the 3rd April. So say after I get the rear end on the 28th Match, maybe fitted that evening, it only leaves a week to get Sarahs car on the road. My car cant move as its has no axel until then. We may be able to do the rear brakes on the camaro as that was part of the MOT advisory, but wont be able to get it out of the garage enough to weld up the floor unless the welder climbs in through the boot, humm there is a thought.

Fingers crossed Hausser Racing has a cancellation, I guess its a busy time getting ready for drag racing season.

Back