Garage Plans

The toolbox sits nicely at the end of the garage with room to walk between it and car. My trouble is that my garage is filling up with other crap that really should not be in there. To be honest, I have never sorted the garage since moving in and I need to get it done. But as I lose one day every weekend to looking after my mum now and still out the house for 12 hours a day plus my exercise routine it’s realistically never gonna get done unless I take time off work.

Garage door fitted and operational.

Also been working on more of the work bench frame work.
IMG_20200301_114725.jpg

With the cars moved to the far wall there is loads of space between the cars and the wall. Really enjoying this new add on to the garden.
IMG_20200301_103344.jpg

Looks real good :)

Done a it more to the work top frame tonight and hung up the fire extinguisher.
IMG_20200301_175800.jpg

Good to see you've used nice strong timber for the bench frame. You'll be glad you did once you get a vice bolted on there and start hammering or bending something lol
I had loads of 2x4inch left from buying too much from the pit cover, so thought I'd make a work bench from it. Picturing worse case stuff on it like a gear box or engine. Giving it good support legs to the ground, it should support a good weight. Probably 2x3 or even 2x2(with extra leg supports) would have been fine, but you know me, belt and braces :)

Ordered some MDF today, some 2x2inch wood, work top, and a few other things like self levelling concrete to finish of things around the door. This will all be delivered Thursday.
Need to build a shelf in the office, and also some shelves in the garage, and wall cupboards.
I do get this nice warm buzz walking into the garage, seeing the creations as it gets better each day. Its been a long time coming.

It was great last night, started up the Trans-Am, pressed the button to open the door, and drove out and then waited on the drive wat for it to close. Then when I returned from car club, I pressed the remote button from around the front of the house as I pulled into our road. I’m not sure of the range, but it has started to move up by the time I pulled onto the drive. Then drove in, shut down my data logging as the door was closing. Then I was in pitch black. I need to put in a PIR light in there. It was great, felt like I was entering the bat cave with all this new technology. I’ve never had a garage door that works, and never even controlled an automatic one.

PIR sensor and short LED battern ordered, this will help to get rid of the complete darkness after I have driven the car in and turned the car lights off. It dosn't have to be bright, just enough to navigate the garage.

Bottom of the garage door is rubber, but even when it's completly down you can still see daylight come in in around 3 places. This means when the rain blows against the door you can get a few damp patches creeping in. This is due to the concrete not being completely level, may only dip by 3mm in them places.
I have some self leveling compound coming tomorrow to may this part perfectly flat. Then I will add a rubber strip I ordered that arrived today. Its to create a good seal from the door to the floor.
IMG_20200304_112232.jpg

IMG_20200304_112324.jpg

Came with the adhesive too.

I would just go with the rubber seal. The levelling cement will likely be so thin in places and adhere so badly you will find it breaking up through use.

I would just go with the rubber seal. The levelling cement will likely be so thin in places and adhere so badly you will find it breaking up through use.
Yeah you could be right. I guess the sealant will squish well under the seal and using the door as a level I could probably get its perfect with this rubber and sealant. Could certainly cope with variations of 3mm. I'll have another look after my USA meeting.

the roller door control box dosnt have aux relay point inside so when the do opens it turns the lights ???

the roller door control box dosnt have aux relay point inside so when the do opens it turns the lights ???
IMG_20200301_180755.jpg

Not sure, will see if I can find a datasheet on it. I have the PIR and lights now anyway, but the relay may be useful for an extractor fan.

Worked on one of the work bench areas today 18mm MDF with routed rounded edges.
IMG_20200307_151929.jpg

IMG_20200307_152453.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to progress on the other 2 worktop area. I have a 3m long kitchen type work top. I can fit the kitchen sink in that too.

Need a vice(y)

Back