Garage Plans

When are the door(s) being done?

IMG_20200205_191426.jpg

Room to get in the pit at the front.
IMG_20200205_191435.jpg

Still room at the back to roll it back if needed.

When are the door(s) being done?
Between 1 week or 2weeks. I should get an accurate day soon. Didn't want clean doors when the digger is around or getting resin from the roof on it, so we held off for a bit. Now I'm ready.

IMG_20200205_192126.jpg

IMG_20200205_194734.jpg

Still room to the side for the workbench area. The TA is center of the pit. All exciting stiff. Still loads to do like cleaning up, and adding sockets. Eventually insulation in the ceiling and plaster boarding to make it look nice. Paint it white will be even brighter.
IMG_20200205_203958.jpg

IMG_20200205_204008.jpg

Frosty this morning. No frost on the TA now it's in the garage(with no door), perhaps just called a Car Port for now.

are you going to stud wall it for the electrics or pcv conduit the electrics around garage??? stud wall will make garage smaller of course, but getting there be good once all done just need some wall art like i texted you i ordered a few more for my garage yesterday,

are you going to stud wall it for the electrics or pcv conduit the electrics around garage??? stud wall will make garage smaller of course, but getting there be good once all done just need some wall art like i texted you i ordered a few more for my garage yesterday,
Eventualy dot and dab plaster board, then I only loose around 20mm depth on all the walls. It will look nicer with plasterboard, better for light and will look more like a home, I'll add skirting boards too. Also insulate the ceriling area and more plaster board. I see this being a project in a few months time.
I'll get some wall art hanging too.

Although its called 'Grab It All' he can only grab until he is full, unfortunately he became full.
1580993383557.png

Still this left, I may be able to spread it over the garden instead of paying for another grabber lorry visit.
1580993439080.png

insulate and plasterboard the ceiling one of the best improvements i did to my garage. much warmer this time of year even without using the heater.

IMG_20200208_125806.jpg

IMG_20200208_125755.jpg

Created some space down the side of the TA, this is where work tops will go and a sink.

IMG_20200208_095812.jpg

IMG_20200207_163713.jpg

My tempory door shown above has taken a beating. I had it anchored with screws to the wall on the eyelets, many of the eyes ripped. So screwed wooden battens to the wall this morning. Not sure how long it will hold. Fingers crossed it will survive the winds.

View attachment 159132
My tempory door shown above has taken a beating. I had it anchored with screws to the wall on the eyelets, many of the eyes ripped. So screwed wooden battens to the wall this morning. Not sure how long it will hold. Fingers crossed it will survive the winds.
I bet that has been flapping! I think they are saying the winds will continue into this evening but slowly subsiding overnight.

Can you park the Kia closer to give it some protection?
Sometimes do that when I’m camping to let the car shield the tent.

Yeah, Kia and volvo close now. Hopefully that will help divert the wind a bit.

Last edited:
Like yours a.t,
or there is this with tools dont know quality of tools?

i have the machine mart set

Like yours a.t,

i have the machine mart set

I used the U.S in the title gosn't stand for United States, but possibly Utterly Sh**? for tools to be that cheap they are probably made from chineese toffee. Plus I have learnt to never trust someone who has two first names, nor someone that cannot find the cap's lock key to stop typing in capitals.

I have a didy clarke tool chest and cabinet. I will get a bigger one.

Dave, I can see why you have no room in your garage for ramps if you have that tool set in there and a car.

The tempory door cover held up in the wind, hopefully that is the worse of the wind now. A fence panel did blow down last night, but it was only pushed inplace, not screwed in, this gave easy access to get the digger and trailor out of the garden once you lifted the fence post out. Screwed in the fance panel this morning, need to make a small modification to the gate as the ACO drain goes under a corner of the gate.

Back