Security for Garage

I had my garages broken into 3 days before Christmas last year. So the following day I spent all day fitting Enfield internal garage door locks which slide a bolt into the frame both top and bottom on both doors.

If the opportunity and knowledge of how to do it I'd also rig up a system to spray any intruder with urine from my wee bottle.

Having cameras is OK but there's no use actually showing any footage to the coppers as they aren't interested and also they always make any excuse not to come around and have a look, all you get is a crime number.

I was once told that if you caught anyone trying to break into your vehicle and should happen to give them a good beating before the cops turned up they would be none the wiser and it would save them some paperwork.

So I reckon a big stick wrapped in razor wire and dipped in dog shit would fit the bill nicely.
That must have been even more annoying considering when it happened! What ar5eholes!
Yeah, sadly the police seem undermanned therefore don't have time to be interested in such crimes. In my case we had a good idea who did it from our neighbours, so the footage would have just been belt and braces really.
I suppose if I had no idea who did it and caught the reg number on camera it might help in going after them though insurance...assuming it wasn't some lowlife who's not registered to the vehicle and has no insurance anyway!
But I tend to agree that taking the law into your own hands is tempting sometimes. They wouldn't do it again if it was painful the first time lol

Crikey, there must have been some damage on their car. Seems to be no honesty with some kids these days. Its going to be a pain to change that post.
Well, I thought the same, but apparently our neighbour saw his car and said it wasn't that bad...unfortunately!!
Yeah. I wasn't looking forward to it as it will mean disturbing block paving and tarmac. But my builder mate who laid the drive is coming to do it for a good price. My neighbour reckons the nipper has begrudgingly agreed to pay. We'll see!!!

Last edited:
If there is one thing I cannot stand it’s dishonesty. We all make mistakes, the trick is in owning that mistake and putting it right.
Snap!! We've all done it but too right, it's how we act afterwards. What got me was that the nipper has apparently been friends with our neighbours lad since they were kids. Yet, despite obviously knowing he had done it, he still responded initially with "where's your evidence"!
Oh, and I forgot to say, when we arrived home just after it had happened and were on the driveway looking at the damaged post with no idea who'd done it, the nipper in question was sitting accross the road in his car on his phone. He would have easily seen us but made no attempt to speak to us!
I'm not going to let it go for long to wait for him to cough up. If he doesn't, I'll just go through his insurance!

Well, I thought the same, but apparently our neighbour saw his car and said it wasn't that bad...unfortunately!!
Yeah. I wasn't looking forward to it as it will mean disturbing block paving and tarmac. But my builder mate who laid the drive is coming to do it for a good price. My neighbour reckons the nipper has begrudgingly agreed to pay. We'll see!!!
The nipper will say as it wasn't painted yellow and a flashing beacon on top he couldn't see it and it should be there. lol. They will try anything to get out of paying. He will probably try to get you to pay for his car.

The nipper will say as it wasn't painted yellow and a flashing beacon on top he couldn't see it and it should be there. lol. They will try anything to get out of paying. He will probably try to get you to pay for his car.
Lol. Yeah, he probably will try to claim for damage to his car.
He's got a point though, that concrete post keeps on jumping out in front of cars :oops:

Popped a camera up in the garage. Position may change as I put up plasterboard walls and ceiling. Works well.
Screenshot_20200222_163728_com.foscam.foscam.jpg

And when it's dark the IR comes on.
Screenshot_20200222_183109_com.foscam.foscam.jpg

One option is installing a security system with motion sensors and cameras. This can alert you to potential intruders and provide valuable evidence if theft occurs.
Another option to consider is hiring a personal security guard. They can patrol the area and keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. It can be more expensive than a security system, but it might give you greater peace of mind knowing that there's a trained professional watching over your property.

Last edited:
Loads of differant types of these out there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221207_175736_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20221207_175736_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 2
We have a pair of scary dogs. The window cleaner came yesterday to do the outside windows and the dogs told me about every window they were cleaning.

Last edited:
Back