Garage Plans

Need a vice(y)
From Miami?
I do have a TV to hang on the wall. The aerial dosn't work but it's a smart TV and I have wired Internet down there :)

If wana talk vice have you put the red light up on the front of the house yet lol

If you are going to fit a 'Proper vice' make sure you fit it on one of the studiest parts of the bench and also consider that you may want to hold long items. so, orientate it as best you can.

Done a bit of work on the work top over the weekend. Using the old kitchen sink so can wash oily handy before going in doors.
IMG_20200309_083631.jpg

As there is only a cold water feed to the garage, I would need hot water to wash hands, so fitting a little electric element under the sink to make hot water.
IMG_20200309_200825.jpg

Yeah could just use cold, its nice to have the luxury, hopefullyit dosn't burn like the darn kitchen sink in the house, one second cold, then blazing hot(I've turned down the boiler now). I doi have a plan for Swarfega dispenser on the side of the cupboard over the sink, next to the blue roll dispenser.
I may do some plumbing tonight, or save it to tomorrow evening where I have more hours I can put into it.

Not that I'm trying to give you an excuse for installing the water heater Dan lol, but I have found that Swarfega doesn't seem to work as well when rinsed off with cold water, not sure why. Has anybody else found that?
And good luck buying hand sanitizer at the moment! Lol :LOL:

Not that I'm trying to give you an excuse for installing the water heater Dan lol, but I have found that Swarfega doesn't seem to work as well when rinsed off with cold water, not sure why. Has anybody else found that?

Nah, I use sea water and sandpaper like a real man and it works fine!!!!!!! ?

Seriousley though, I was only joking about the hand drier etc., a towel rail and rag will be perfectly adequate.

Yesterday added the rubber strip along the bottom of the door.
Cut to shape, plput the door down, located exactally there I wanted it, drew around it with chalk.
IMG_20200313_093408.jpg

Then move the rubber strip and used a tube of mastic that came with the rubber, a 1cm wide outline and ziz zags down the middle. Popped it in place and brought the door down to make sure all was perfect.
Good job it was dry all day as even 8 hours later it was still squidgy.

Breakfast run tomorrow morning. Hopefully the rubber strip will be good for the first drive over it.

The black mastic is great at staining hands. I had disposable rubber gloves in a box but didn't think to put them on. About an hour after finishing the rubber had a quick lunch then had to give blood. Still with black on parts of my fingers, it just wouldn't come off. I expect they thought it was oil.

No more photos of the rubber strip. I laid some wood on the edges to make sure nothing curled up when I left it.

My nice new rubber strip. Doing well at stopping water blow under the door.
IMG_20200314_152727.jpg

i have looked at these but never seem to get around to doing something about it.

Tidied up the cement around the pit.
IMG_20200327_110110.jpg

Then to join beans together to make it quicker to take them out. 36 beans, will be made into 4 sections.
IMG_20200328_140804.jpg

All joined together 72 screws of 70mm length.
IMG_20200328_142344.jpg

Now to add rope to one as an aid to lifting it out and flip them over. I'll reverse the TA back in there as will be adding my new rear end suspension bits soon.

Sarah got a photo of me and Chase in the pit. It's been pleasant working in there today.
IMG-20200328-WA0003.jpg

Back