Garage Plans

Day off tomorrow. I'm sure the day will get taken up with other things, but would be great to make progress with something in the garage.

Day off tomorrow. I'm sure the day will get taken up with other things, but would be great to make progress with something in the garage.
I know what you mean. I always find other things crop up whenever I plan some tinkering lol. I have lots I need to do to my garage. Most of it is outside work, so the weather makes that difficult. And there is too much in there at the moment for the inside work! 🙄 Lol

Bigger garage Will come to mind lol. Even a 3 car garage isn't big enough lol

Got 5 sheets of plasterboard up last weekend. 10 more sheets to go.
IMG_20201206_141511.jpg

Made a handy pair of tools to hold up the plasterboard while screwing in. This will save a bit of time. Two of us were doing it last weekend and we were getting achy arms, we both work on computers all day so holding sheets of plasterboard over our heads isn't the norm.
IMG_20201211_152112.jpg

Got 5 sheets of plasterboard up last weekend. 10 more sheets to go. View attachment 161725

Made a handy pair of tools to hold up the plasterboard while screwing in. This will save a bit of time. Two of us were doing it last weekend and we were getting achy arms, we both work on computers all day so holding sheets of plasterboard over our heads isn't the norm.
View attachment 161726
Nice job! 👍
Been there and done that ... it's back breaking. You have my sympathy lol

We did that in our old garage too - hired some acroprops which did the job :)
Looking good :)

you can buy a tool to hold the boards in place. i made temporary modification to my engine hoist

I had some old wood laying about that needed a use. It was in the loft in the shed just being stored for when I needed it.

Glad you put swmnbo to good use and helped lol, be good once garage is done,

Glad you put swmnbo to good use and helped lol, be good once garage is done,
Yes will be nice. Get the ceiling skimmed, paint the walls, add more lights. I have a power point ready for an outside socket and water pipe to put an outside tap near the power point for a pressure washer on the drive. Shelves and cupboards still to make and get that rubber mat flooring down. Loads to do, just nice little additions.

More boards gone up today.
IMG_20201212_123246.jpg

I did have the lights in lengths of 2. Going to add more to make them 3 long. This fills the length of the garage well. Certainly more light already with the plasterboard reflecting light.
IMG_20201212_133603.jpg

Going to be nice and bright in there :)

Dan, will you paint the ceiling white? That will create even more light.
Yeah sure will and the walls. I'll go for white silk for added reflection. Havnt looked at options yet, but yes will paint it all and probably white gloss the two steel beams.

paint the floor too. a lot less dust and easier to wipe up spills

paint the floor too. a lot less dust and easier to wipe up spills
Yeah, I plan to do that too. Any recommendations on what is cost effective to use?

Back