Garage Plans

Roof done.
IMG_20200129_155627.jpg

coming alone nicley soon be locked up inside your mancave lol

Puts next doors shed to shame, nice roof by the way!

Puts next doors shed to shame, nice roof by the way!
Yeah I'm surprised the shed is still standing after thre wind and rain. Bits of the roof are slowly dissapearing into the garden. The chap that lived there called Ted, passed away in Feb last year, he used to love tending to his garden when his health would allow. Health issues got the better of him and he passed away in his conservatory.
I met the estate agent for next door on Tuesday as he had a question about the shared down pipe. He said the exchange of contracts should happen tomorrow, so we will soon have new neighbours. Aparently its a lady that has done up a previous house to sell on, perhaps that the same task she has planned for next door. It needs a lot of 'doing up' she brought it for £260k, she will need to sling around £40k into it to modenise it, but it wont be worth £300k, so perhaps she is thinking of living in it for a number of years. Hopefully dosn't get rented out to noisy neighbours. Its been soo peacful in the 8 years I have been here.

In that picture of the roof, you can see through the larger window and see the pit. More balast and cement arriving today, so I think the plan is to put the pit in place.

IMG_20200130_100337.jpg

Putting gravel in the mix with concrete for the base.

IMG_20200130_131801.jpg

Parking the digger on top, as pouring concrete down the side would cause the pit to float, so this has a bit of weight to it.

Concrete about half way up the pit now, going to dry overnight. 3 tons of gravel, and 15 bags of cement in there already. Another 2 tons and 10 bags of cement coming tomorrow. Its going to be well solid. Yeah it may sound like a lot, I guess it could have been dug narrower at the bottom. At-least its on the way to being usable, perhaps the weekend.:)

Don't give him ideas it will be sponge Bob on the roof lol

Indeed! The roof looks really smooth and shiny! Dan, you should get it vinyl wrapped showing a helicopter landed on it... like those picture garage doors!! Haha (y):)

Could get this painted on, and perhaps we will get one landing.
garage-helipad.jpg

We have lights.
IMG_20200203_113044.jpg

We have power in the pit.
IMG_20200203_195605.jpg

IMG_20200203_200753.jpg

All coming together. The builder has a sparky contact which was very helpful.

IMG_20200205_132522.jpg

IMG_20200205_132841.jpg

Some bleedin’ bigs rats have moved in already and chewed a hole in the back wall!
I was hoping to catch them in the pit, but I'm using the wrong bait.

TA is in its home.
IMG_20200205_191552.jpg

Back