Garage Plans

1578942149848.png upgrade to this type of jacking beam 1578942192506.png

Yes you are right will for a 4post ramp its what i have , when me and dan were talking about ramps pits jacking beams, i didnt realise that dan had got a jacking plate 1st time seen picture , you can get jacking beams for pit use as i mention to dan about the edges that can cut effect the pit as i thought dan had got a beam not a plate , as you say might need to metal plate the sides,

dont know the SWL of the plate for putting axle stands on , i know it depends on size of car over pit as you my not be able to put axle stand under car due to chassis due to pit size/car, so jacking beam better option as these are adjustable,,
but what dan is building will make working on cars alot easier.

dont know the SWL of the plate for putting axle stands on , i know it depends on size of car over pit as you my not be able to put axle stand under car due to chassis due to pit size/car, so jacking beam better option as these are adjustable,,
The supporting weight is 750kgs/15cwt, its made from 2 lengths of 2 inch square box section spanning 1 meter welded to a plate. I would think its capacity should be fine especially if the jack stands are near the edges.

Their bit of blurb on the extras
1578992779952.png

Good poind Darren, Dan might be able to use one of those if he fits metal plates to the pit edges for it to run on.
But that jacking beam you have should do the job Dan.

IMG_20200116_152416.jpg

IMG_20200116_151535.jpg
Hopefully nice weather next week, roof needs another resin coat and then the top coat, and finishing off along the front.
More bricks were laid over the door yesterday, soldier course complete. Only 50 more bricks to lay, then that's all done.

What's left to do is concrete in the pit, and trench for the power, water and network. Also a soak away for when the water butt's are full, 1inch of rain on 49sq meters will be a lot of water.

Looking good. Probably to late now but did you consider a clear roof or skylights? Natural light is always useful.
Yeah did consider that. I'm going for many LED strip lights to hopefully give enough light.

Getting exciting now, the end us in sight.

Glass going in. IMG_20200121_141145.jpg

Edging of the roof pretty much done ready for more fiberglassing tomorrow
IMG_20200121_153053.jpg

Bricks done along the front.
IMG_20200121_153534.jpg

All brickwork is complete now.

Coupld of half lantern pir lights on the frount sorted

Looking good

Trench to the garage for water, power and internet was dug today, and dropped in and covered over almost to the garage, ready to drill some holes into the wall. Its down at a great depth so the water wont freeze. All getting exciting now, another step closer to completion.

All pipes/cables underground now. :) IMG_20200123_154125.jpg

Someones nicked your bench seat and left an oriental pot on the roof!

No, not much further than the last photo. The pit is out, ready to be concreted in. I'll get a video up in a sec.

5ft dep hole, ready for the pit, a layer of concrete in the bottom already.

Back