Garage Plans

May need to borrow that pump. We will try to keep it covered once the pit is put in. Even tarpaulin over the metal beams would help.
No problem. I'll have to dig it out and check it still works. It hasn't been used for years.

More grave digging today????

More grave digging today????
Well they are down 4ft now. A few more measuments and it will be time to lower the pit in. Weather that will be done today, or more work on the roof. I guess it all depends on the weather.

Do you want a train layout to go in there? I visited a house this week where the guy has a massive train layout that was in the house when he moved he wants to get rid of, all working.

image.jpeg

That would fill the garage up. That detail is awesome.

Just had a delivery from the post man.

I heard the dogs barking, but thought they just heard a dog going past. I was in the garage lending a hand with the pit. It must have been the postman ringing the doorbell which set the dogs off. Anyway, he came around the side gate, and ask is this still number 2. lol. I guess it does look like I'm having a house built in the garden, but yep, its still number 2. Perhaps I should call it 2A for deliveries. lol.

1576766621823.png

1576766749675.png

Just had a delivery from the post man.

I heard the dogs barking, but thought they just heard a dog going past. I was in the garage lending a hand with the pit. It must have been the postman ringing the doorbell which set the dogs off. Anyway, he came around the side gate, and ask is this still number 2. lol. I guess it does look like I'm having a house built in the garden, but yep, its still number 2. Perhaps I should call it 2A for deliveries. lol.

View attachment 158729

View attachment 158730
Sounds like you may need an extension doorbell for the garage Dan? Lol Or maybe even a camera intercom??

Yeah good idea, I could run door bell wire when pushing through the network cables. The network cables will be going above the front door to the room above so the bell wire could run the same route.

I'm seriously thinking of taking it if no-one else wants it. It's far too good to scrap. I've already worked out a way to cut it into three separate bits to move.
I love model railways and will probably take it up as a hobby when I retire. I have nowehere to put one at the moment unfortunately. Thanks for offering it on here though mate (y).
It looks a nice layout. Yeah, if you can get it out in sections, go for it! Or even if you save the locos, rolling stock, track and control gear.

swmnbo not at home to be your PA lol,,,

IMG_20191223_130514.jpg

Some wooden roof beams gone up today. :)

A little more was done after this photo. Waiting for a few dry days, then the boarded roof goes on and fiberglass, we want no rain for a couple of days for that to be successful. This me be done before Xmas and new year.
Today I'm going to move things around, try to roll the camaro into the garage, and get the TA on the drive. There are some 1m cubed delivery bags on the end of the drive, hopefully they are almost empty for me to have a chance of moving them.

Builders have returned and roof is going on :) I'll get some photos later.

IMG_20200106_153901.jpg

IMG_20200106_154322.jpg

Rain has stopped play for today. Atleast the boards are coated in fiberglass and pretty much set before it started raining.

IMG_20200109_180310.jpg

Rigged up tempory lights so I can clear out the pit, and try to get a cover on it.
IMG_20200109_180915.jpg

IMG_20200109_192428.jpg

Cleaned the water out, will give it more of a clean up another day. Main aim it creating the cover tonight.
2 inches thick, 4inch wide, it will be in 3 or 4 sections, I'll link them together underneath also adding more strength.

Yeah, really nice having a roof, feels totally different in there now.

IMG_20200109_205046.jpg

Finished the cover. Well it's still individual pieces, but safe to put weight on. The straps that are there go under the pit, we need to lift out to sink it half inch lower, then it's getting concreted in. The other handy thing about the lid is that every price is the same width, so the pit isn't going to bow in the muddle when the concrete goes down the sides.

Back