Garage Plans

Just had a quote from another garage door company, they specialize in roller doors. Good price. Leaves me with more budget for the flooring and other bits.
The slats are quite thin, perhaps 15mm thick. Metal both sides with foam in the middle. I do wonder how good the insulation will be.
Perhaps if its really cold. I can put up a curtain.
I do know someone with this garage door type, I'll pop to his tomorrow and have a feel of how warm the garage is, and feel for giraffes.

Ordered roofing material today, 45 wooden beams, the sterling board, fiberglass.

Also had a look at a roller door, he has had no one in the garage for 3 weeks, no heating on, and its felt a lot warmer than outside, this is the same roller door that was offered to me yesterday. Looks very strong, has a manual override. This will be ordered shortly. Delivery/fitting is the 2nd week of Jan.

Nice. Any updated pics? He’s been back working for a couple of days?
No, rain and hail stones didn't help, measurements were made today, and bits ordered, but nothing to show from it apart from parting with funds.

Dan i have roller electric door if you would like to look at one fitted

Dan i have roller electric door if you would like to look at one fitted
Thanks for the offer. I'm going to go for a roller door, seen another fitted, look good, and has draft excluder in the rails. That was my main concern was insulation.

Not much more done to the garage. Was fairly dry all day yesterday, went go carting with Will at Thruxton. I was hoping the builder would do a bit more in the garage, perhaps something came up, a lot of things are high up, so may need his helper that isn't always available.

theirs always a 19ft roller door in mid wales dan lol,,,,

More rain today. some progress has been made. Should be less rain tomorrow.

Breeze blocks shaped for the angle of the steel beams. Its dry out, but the red bricks are damp so dont want to lay them yet. At this moment the pit is being dug out. :) exciting stuff.
1576677757861.png

Let’s just hope Sarah doesn’t fall pregnant with twins or triplets and want to move to a bigger house!! o_O
I'd need to spend tokens for that to happen.

The pit is starting to be dug out.
1576680134101.png

Simple burrie swmnbo in the pit sorted no rugrats well as he don't use the forum the poor camaro has been neclegted. Lol.

Even if you do end up with a family, you've enough space to extend the house, so you'll keep your garage (y)

That's coming together nicely. I presume they will cover the pit so you don't end up with a plunge pool before the roof goes on? lol

Even if you do end up with a family, you've enough space to extend the house, so you'll keep your garage (y)

That's coming together nicely. I presume they will cover the pit so you don't end up with a plunge pool before the roof goes on? lol
May need to borrow that pump. We will try to keep it covered once the pit is put in. Even tarpaulin over the metal beams would help.

Back