Garage Plans

It was an old brick built garage with an up and over door. Barely room for the 68 inside. I'm not aware of a water course running underneath, not a problem now with the insulated wood build.
If it only had single skin walls that amount of water doesn't surprise me. My garage does and the walls get very damp inside during wet weather, particularly the West facing wall. Most things metal in the garage are wet to the touch in cold damp weather. I really need to dry line it.

you laid the tube for the power cablefor the pit or you going to disc cut a channel in for the cable ???? cant see cable in picture
A tube has been laid in the concrete goes between the pit hole and the cavity in the wall, rope in the tube ready to pull cable through for when the pit is lowered in. I'll put a switch up on the wall to turn on lights/sockets in the pit.

Photo from this morning. Managed to take it without dropping the new phone which is a bonus.
IMG_20191118_072343.jpg

New sample of the Duratile flooring.
IMG_20191118_102652.jpg

IMG_20191118_102636.jpg
Very nice fit. I am impressed.

A grabber lorry taking all that away. The builders sorting all that. They keep sweeping the garage floor, they really taking pride in their work.

looking good - what type of roof - pitched? flat?

looking good - what type of roof - pitched? flat?
Flat, sloping towards the back, same profile as previous. It's going to be fiberglass, never need to change it, costs more than felt but will last a long time. Also dosn't sweat like corrugated insulated roofing sheets.
Fingers grossed it turns out nice, it will be a dark grey colour. I can add insulation to the inside too.

Sounds good :)

IMG_20191119_082423.jpg
Walls pretty much ready for the steed work now. The steelwork could be happening this week.

Nice! (y). Hopefully shouldn't be too long before it's weather proof. Fingers crossed for dry weather. They'll need that for boarding and fibreglassing.

IMG_20191119_103036.jpg

IMG_20191119_104226.jpg

IMG_20191119_105755.jpg

IMG_20191119_110158.jpg
Metal work in. They came earlier than I thought. Looking fab.

No updates, he is on holiday until the 9th Dec, Monday.
I do now have a red Henry vacuum ckeaner for the garage.
IMG_20191205_153216.jpg
I have a yellow one in the kitchen to match the tiles.

Small update on the garage. No work done just yet. Had Dennison Doors pop around to look at the garage door opening. They are a local company that do garage doors. I mentioned that the garage will be a house for the cars, that insulation will be needed on the door, as a good effort has been made to insulate the walls.
I was going to look at just roller doors, but as sectional doors have more options on insulation, this could work well. I could also have loft space above the door that I can access once the door is closed.
Not decided yet, but the visit has given me more options to look at. As they are local and have the roller and sectional doors on show in white I'll take a look.

I would go roller. The space savings and convenience are well worth the lack of insulation.
Not to mention I believe they are more secure.

have to agree with A/T on this roller door better option but good luck with what ever you choose,

Roller door would be my preferance, just don't damage the runners! My old man did and door wouldn't shut fully every time. He also had radio controlled gates.

Dan, I want to send you a private message but can't find a path to it.

Last edited:
Back