Z50 camaro

July92RS

Core Member
After stumbling on a classified ad for a 1982 Camaro i tried to get my other Camaro sold, sadly it did not sell and with pressure from the owner of the Pace car drastic measure's had to be taken and now i have 2 3rd Gen's..
Anyway the Pace car is a 100% genuine car and never been modded, still has factory exhaust inc Cat...the basic plan is to renovate it as factory as possible. A few pics of pick up and first clean/check over

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image1-4.jpeg
    image1-4.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image2-1.jpeg
    image2-1.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image0-11 copy.jpeg
    image0-11 copy.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image3-1.jpeg
    image3-1.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 7
Wow, nice one. Not heard of a Z50, interioer looks good, a little damp, but I guess that can be fixed. Does it run? Can you get hold of new stickers if we were to repaint the door?
Good luck in selling the other 3rd gen.

Back in 2002, I was planning on selling my 3rd gen to fund the 4th gen. Ended up owning both for around 7 months before the 3rd gen went.

Thanks for posting up. Any graphics shop should be able to reproduce the stickers if they have good pictures and messure gents. Not wrong in owning 2 3rd gens camaro at least yours work and mobile lol.🤣 Keep the thread updated 👍

Doesn’t run due to engine failure but came with a spare so not worried, all decals can be obtained from the usual sites…Z50 was the option code for pace car. It is documented that 6360 were done for public sale but it is a true Z28 crossfire injection

It's still in better condition that the red camaro in waterlooville lol.🤣. Keep the thread alive with updates👍

Love or Hate social media it can turn up results, Shared the Pace car on the 1982 Indy page and have had contact with one member, Turns out my car was one of 350 for the canadian market bought by someone in canada who also had residence in Key Largo Florida which makes some sense as there is a florida vehicle sticker in the windscreen

Managed to get some time to start pulling the old motor down for removal, also found the hole in the block and wonder what happened for the rod to give out and cause so much damage.

Attachments

• image0-11.jpeg
    image0-11.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image1-4.jpeg
    image1-4.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image2-1.jpeg
    image2-1.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image3-1.jpeg
    image3-1.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image4-1.jpeg
    image4-1.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image5-1.jpeg
    image5-1.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 7
  • image6-2.jpeg
    image6-2.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 6
Great photos, sorry to hear about the engine issues, did you know about this before?
Will you strip it down, get the block welded and rebuild. Or do you have another block to pop in?

Great photos, sorry to hear about the engine issues, did you know about this before?
Will you strip it down, get the block welded and rebuild. Or do you have another block to pop in?
That engine is scrap Dan,the hole is big enough to put my hand through so it would never repair but it came with another engine as part of the deal as i mentioned previously

just in case 2nd engine is as bad? or you want to upgrade lol? thanks for posting pictures great to see progress

looks like that hole this been there a long time.

More progress when i have managed to get time

Attachments

• image12.jpeg
    image12.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image8 copy.jpeg
    image8 copy.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image7 copy.jpeg
    image7 copy.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image5-1.jpeg
    image5-1.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image3-1 copy.jpeg
    image3-1 copy.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image2-1 copy.jpeg
    image2-1 copy.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image1-4 copy.jpeg
    image1-4 copy.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image0-12.jpeg
    image0-12.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image10 copy.jpeg
    image10 copy.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 5
Great progress there. That's going to look great when done. Looks great with just primer so far.

thanks for posting keep up the good work...we do like pictures.

..might encourage someone that is shamefully ignoring the red one in his garage to get on with it lol,,,,,

Spent time sanding the passenger side 1/4 panel this weekend,,No pics as it's essentially a repeat process,,

Well done nice messy job.

At least you don't have Havs to worry about. It's a real pain with company.

Keep up the good work

Back