Xmas Toy ( TA project) come early

Thanks Dan, Yes piston went back really easy had to use old brake pad and wind back tool as these pistons were big , managed to get all bushes down one side done (even after fitting top middle bush wrong as used wrong one out of kit before someone say's:tape:) removed old battery tray and pained area ready for new tray ,

Hope to start otherside next week for bushes and front brakes, Still cant get over how black the brake fluid was but hopefull buy the time it's on the road the hole system will of been bleed through

Last edited:
Well done Darren looking good was also good to catch up the other day :) keep up the good work

Well managed to do a bit more this weekend, changed the differantial oil, changed the otherside body mount busehes,changed the front pads and had to drill again the bleed nipple as blocked thats both that were blocked , Dan you can see i had to use the old pad against the piston as largest plate in kit wasnt right size to push back piston but piston did move easy on both sides,

Last edited:
Some picturesfor you getting there,

Wow that is looking really clean and tidy. You have been busy. the wheels have come up really good. Are you pleased with how its coming along? Really looking forward to seeing it in person. Good choice of colour too :p

Thanks Dan, wasn't too sure about having a red car to be honest and the pictures make it look better than it realy dose but spray job will come later, Did a bit today but my test equipment that's not been used since my capri days didn't work and my timing light isn't very bright timimg marks not that easy to see but my next door neughbour had a snap on anoulugue tester from years ago it's brillant managed to get timing,idle set today still want to play as tester got other funtions but thats for another day ,

Looking good!!!

It's had it's 1st test run today,

Wow, that is looking really good. How did the first run go? Grinning ear to ear? Does it sound hood?
Still really looking forward to seeing it.

Well done mate it looks fantastic !!!! Must be pleased with how it's come on :)

Well got home a bit early so did a bit, replace pcv hose to shaker hood,replaced battery tray and replaced front ant-roll bar bushes,

1st drive went ok bit nervious as carburetor not set up yet , and got exhaust rattle but hope to use my mates ramp at the weekend to sort out and if time advise on carb do have carb kit but waiting on snap-on for a D socket
Socket, Double "D" Carburetor Adjusting (3.5mm across flats),
Thanks Chris any update's on yours?????????

New battery tray looks nice and shiny, also looks a bit bigger too, did it fit okay?

Dose look big against old tray in picture must admit but no it's the same size all fitted nicely ,
mainly used firebird central ,Fbodywarehouse and a few bit's from rockauto and usautomotive, Finding parts over here dear against buying parts from USA even second hand parts on some items are as dear as new might as well buy new if possible, still along way to go paint job will be the last job on the list , new engine and a nitrous kit hopefully next year,

Last edited:
One of them camera optical illusions. :p
Its great you can still get hold of new parts like this for the 2nd gen. I wouldn't have known that without reading the thread. So its great you and Chris posting updates of your cars.

Went to my mates garage today, got exhaust sorted it was hitting rear floor pan:doh: And also found rear return fuel pipe badley cracked so replace that as well checked the rear brakes all ok :biggrin1:, checked the timing all ok, and my hound was asleep all the time ,

Also found one of the shock bushes is on it's way out so will order a new set for the front now do i go standard or performance??

You're making great progress Darren.....and I have to say, your dog looks dead cute all curled up and comfy in the passenger seat :)

Been playing with carburetor, Cleaned air mix needle (have snap on tool for it now) replaced top gasket and adjusted idle but still have issues with choke waiting on info from states, don't think another make of carburetor will fit due to shake system the complete carburetor kit i have has got a few damaged bit so not going to rebuild unles i buy another kit or depending on price for new carb,

Thanks sarah, Yes he love's the car

Managed to change front dampers today when we had it up on ramps we noticed the rubber bushes had perised and would be an MOT issue to replaced then good job really as dampers were knackered as wouldn't move on there own and had to grind one of as unable to remove bold all back together now ,

Fit the rears another day ,

Back