Where to buy Big Heavy stuff?

chris68coupe

Super Moderator
I need some rear suspension Leaf springs and shocks etc.

Where is the best place to get these items bearing in mind size and weight?

Thanks for the link. However, I thought I recognised the name so searched MOCGB and they do not have a good reputation. I was thinking more Rockauto or would the shipping be too expensive?

You could try Rockauto, larger items and heavy does really bump up the price, they work out shipping before paying, so you could experiment.

Sarah wanted a new pasenger floor for the camaro, it was cheap enough, abut at 1.5m x 0.5m the size really beefed up the price, tihnk it was like £500 shipping.

That's what I thought, some of the smaller dealers have most of the bits I need but some have been out of stock on others. At a push I could collect from one dealer which is about 2 to 3 hours away.

Thanks for the link Darren.

used to be able to get springs rebuilt had some done 45 years ago no idea who does them now

us automotive but can be expensive,

looks like rockauto then mybe? ps didnt put shocks on the list opps, might as well do the fronts as well????????????????????????????????

Already ahead of you on shocks, no imediate rush so will probably wait for MM to get stock in.

doing yourself ????

No Mate, not with my back! I use a guy in Waterlooville who knows Yanks, currently got a 68 GTO up on the ramps.

PICTURES PICTURES WE LIKE PICTURES LOL
ok GTO and the mustang would be nice lol,,,,,,,

Be a nice process thread (y) doing the rear brake lines as well??

Back