LED automotive bulbs

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Talking to Paul with the 68 Bullett mustang, he has changed all the rear lights on his car, it has improved visability.
Less current, so less voltdrop on the old cabling. Needed to change out the turn signal timer and hazzard light timer.

I'm not looking to overly dazzle other drivers like some cars do. Not changing the headlamps. Just turn signals and brake lights and side lights.

Looking for a bulb replacement that will fit in the same holder. Original rear dual filiment bulbs(front is identical just painted orange)
1681203632456.png

Also taking note of height as I brought some LED ones for the front indicators before and they were too long. Also reading reports of some cheap ones on eBay and Amazon where the LED's fall off due to heat. I wanted to go for a name. Osram have been in the LED market for years.

Ordered a pair of these amber ones. These are from front DRL and Indicators. Replaces the dual filiment amber bulb I have. The light on the car is clear lens, and the original bulb is painted orange.
1681203107920.png

https://www.tetrosylexpress.com/pro...mber-twin-blister-osr3547ye-02b/OSR3547YE-02B

For the back I have 8 bulbs. 6 of these are dual filiment, 2 are single filiment. couldn't find a single filiment equivelent, so if it dosn't fit in the same holdaer, I'll modify the bulb a little.

1681203287515.png

https://www.tetrosylexpress.com/pro...dc-red-twin-blister-osr3547r-02b/OSR3547R-02B
Ordered 4 packs of those.

I do have a red lens on the back, so could have used White LED's. I chose to go red, red though a red lens is fine.
I dont anticipate the light being brighter than original. It will just be a faster on time and faster off time. Less current draw.

I also order a pair of flashers to replace the factory flashers, As the LED's draw less current the original flasher circuit will either not flash or be too slow.

Flasher units
1681204047121.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201903595806

I try to avoid buying from China. Searching to UK only. Although the part is probably made in China, I dont want to wait a month to get here. Check its in the UK, all good there.
1681204126044.png

However after ordering, I look into more info on the seller.
1681204208658.png

Have I been sucked in again but another person lying on the location?. We shall see....

I had to put led number lights in audi as 2nd units were more expensive than new led replacements
s-l1600.jpg

Bulbs arrived yesterday, didn't get time in the evening to do a comparison. It would only be a test, as can't drive without the flasher unit upgrade. Flasher unit upgrade needed due to LEDs using less current. The original flasher unit is a bi-metallic strip that heats up from the current being pulled through to light filiment bulbs.
Pair of Amber's for the front. 6 reds for the rear.
IMG_20230412_145524.jpg

Wonder if they would fit the camaro?? Osram good make been around for years do so many differant lamps for domestic commercial industrial and automotive

Wonder if they would fit the camaro?? Osram good make been around for years do so many differant lamps for domestic commercial industrial and automotive
Putting £100 of bulbs on the Camaro would double its value.

Yes agree Osram has been around for a long time. We have used the individual LED's at work (we make LED displays like video walls, including Picadilly Circuis)

i have LEDs in the Ranchero had the rear ones made here. BrightLight Customs. if you look at there website you might see some lights you recognize. to get amber flasher/marker LEDs for the front i had to buy them from the USA

Back