Wheels Day - 22nd April - Good Friday

Four entries for the price of one .... absolutely splendid ! 1 hidden person, 1 back to a child and and a mistaken OAP ! :)
Some really great vehicles on show many belonging to myself with private no.plates with KEV on, the silver older Corvette being my favourite.
Thank goodness for the gazebos, i need to wear a vest top next !!! Corfee flowing thanks Del, mmm corfee and walnut cake, my fave! thanks Trace,.... beer, thanks Jan
Glorious sunshine , FRIENDS what more could you ask for ( and even something rather rude put in my face ) thanks Pete ! :)

was a cracking day with some lovely motors . and a cracking new renegades sign

Yes was a splendid day. Much better than the last 2 years. Done sooo much walking.
Sounds like everyone had a good time.

The sail banner did look rather good, and made finding the car really easy. There were some awesome cars there, lots of nice late 60's Camaros (one day I'll get an RS SS!), a nice plumb crazy hemi cuda, a really nice dark purple 2nd gen corvette (shame it wasn't the coupe) and the Eleanor on the Mustang Workshop stand was incredible! I did take 1 or 2 pics, which I'll put up once I finish the pics from our show :lol:

D - I didn't take any photos at all so look forward to seeing yours. Had a look at Matts and they are fab. Sail banner looked amazing and so pleased we went ahead and got that. I am waiting for a quote for the car flags. How cool would that look with all our cars with Renegade flags cruising into a show!!
Sal - Result on getting you all in for a fiver. Who was the OAP haha?? Glad you had a great day. As for the cakes i never actually got one apart from a bite of Mum's when we got home.
Neil - I looked for you and just gave up as sooooo many cars and people. Plus i must admit i spent most of the day under the gazebo.
Mark/Dan - I didn't see the going of you 2 but glad you had a lovely day.
Chris - Did you need your wellies after all????

All in all if you were not there you missed out on such a fantastic day. Looking forward to next years now. After the last 2 of being miserable and rainy i nearly didn't go this year. Its amazing what a bit of sunshine does to you. Looks like the summer/car season is finally here after a long and miserable winter !! :)

Lol if your talking about the oap who paid a fiver then saw its free for oap"s then asked for his money back lol that was my old man ?

Why not i say. You got to save every penny these days. I would have snuck under a blanket in the back however i would have been spotted in the Mustang!!!!

Had a great day best car show iv ever been to so meany cars why dont they hold it over friday" & saturday ?

Yeah that would be such a great idea wouldn't it. Camping with the Renegades is always loadsa fun!!! Plus way too much to look at in one day.

Hi all Been of line as had a major computer virus that totally wiped out my operating system...But any way I did manage get to wheels day well me my two kids and my sons friend did. We left our house at roughly 10am (had to wsh the car Lol) and after hitting a traffic Que about 3 miles away from the arena and doing a rather nifty U-Turn and using all my local knowledge + a bit of luck bypassed the major Que and made it to the show ground at approx 10:45 am We ended up parked right down the bottom end near a gate that they use to let cars out... I walked about for ages but never managed to find any one i knew as it was Huge this year. There was way to much to look at in one day TBH and its probably getting to the stage of being to big a show for Rushmore arena? But Wow what a show I also think my son and his friend found and talked to Ram Man But probably because they recognized his truck lol. Ayho hope to meet up soon until then Take care :)

Well we have a fancy new sail banner now to make it easier for us to find our cars in circumstances like this. We got on the field at about 8:45am so didn't queue at all. We are hardenend car show goers that we wash our cars the day before and get up extra early haha!!!only joking!!! Hope we see you all soon.

D - I didn't take any photos at all so look forward to seeing yours. Had a look at Matts and they are fab. Sail banner looked amazing and so pleased we went ahead and got that. I am waiting for a quote for the car flags. How cool would that look with all our cars with Renegade flags cruising into a show!!
Sal - Result on getting you all in for a fiver. Who was the OAP haha?? Glad you had a great day. As for the cakes i never actually got one apart from a bite of Mum's when we got home.
Neil - I looked for you and just gave up as sooooo many cars and people. Plus i must admit i spent most of the day under the gazebo.
Mark/Dan - I didn't see the going of you 2 but glad you had a lovely day.
Chris - Did you need your wellies after all????

All in all if you were not there you missed out on such a fantastic day. Looking forward to next years now. After the last 2 of being miserable and rainy i nearly didn't go this year. Its amazing what a bit of sunshine does to you. Looks like the summer/car season is finally here after a long and miserable winter !! :)
Hi
I didn't get there till 11.30 ish as it must have taken 1 1/2 hours to get in then we were sent right down the end near the exit, i didn't see you guys either unless you were the ones bbq ing under the gazebo by the road, anyway loads of cars and steaming hot, great day
cheers

Nah that wasn't us Neil. We were right opposite the blue truck with the entertainment about 5 rows back. We got there nice and early and got a real decent spot. We have learnt from previous years that we just don't want to sit in traffic forever especially on hot days as the cars just start to over heat. Thats why we meet so early now.

Back