What have you done to your vehicle today?

No spare on swmnbo car then?

would you ALLEN and eve it lol,,,,,
Hahaha very good!! :LOL:(y). Luckily, the allen key was not one of mine...that would have been embarrasing lol :oops:

Amazingly there is no spare in those Civics, not even a spacesaver. Just a canister of puncture repair fluid and a 12V air pump. So you'd be screwed if a tyre had a severe puncture!

Amazingly there is no spare in those Civics, not even a spacesaver. Just a canister of puncture repair fluid and a 12V air pump. So you'd be screwed if a tyre had a severe puncture!

most modern cars don’t.
the daily driver Ioniq only carries foam and an air pump, likewise the Solstice. The Challenger was similarly equipped but I have added a space saver after last years experience.

most modern cars don’t.
the daily driver Ioniq only carries foam and an air pump, likewise the Solstice. The Challenger was similarly equipped but I have added a space saver after last years experience.
Seems crazy really doesn't it. Good call (y).
I think I will get one for the Civic.

Seems crazy really doesn't it. Good call (y).
I think I will get one for the Civic.

I don’t really care with the Ioniq. If I get a flat i won’t hesitate to use the foam or call for assistance. Not my dime and generally not my time.
The solstice has literally nowhere to put a space saver so no option there.
The Challenger has the space but the box needs to be ticked when you order. Guess whoever ordered it Stateside didn’t want it. I picked up a genuine space saver, jack and wheel race out of another Challanger.

I don’t really care with the Ioniq. If I get a flat i won’t hesitate to use the foam or call for assistance. Not my dime and generally not my time.
The solstice has literally nowhere to put a space saver so no option there.
The Challenger has the space but the box needs to be ticked when you order. Guess whoever ordered it Stateside didn’t want it. I picked up a genuine space saver, jack and wheel race out of another Challanger.
To avoid the possibility of a long wait for help, I would prefer to carry a spare wheel of some sort if at all possble. But then again, how often do we actually get punctures..and those severe enough that foam and a pump won't help are even rarer. I guess that's the basis on which car makers don't bother with a spare.

To avoid the possibility of a long wait for help, I would prefer to carry a spare wheel of some sort if at all possble. But then again, how often do we actually get punctures..and those severe enough that foam and a pump won't help are even rarer. I guess that's the basis on which car makers don't bother with a spare.

got one about 1 year ago on the p100. coming off a roundabout near Weymouth ran over a metal number plate [?] 3 inch split in the side wall glad i had a spare

got one about 1 year ago on the p100. coming off a roundabout near Weymouth ran over a metal number plate [?] 3 inch split in the side wall glad i had a spare
Well, theres a damn good argument for carrying a spare. A can of foam and a pump wouldn't have helped you there! lol

At the audio place having new stereo fitted

8DEB1ED9-4C19-4E7A-9D5A-BF0FE92C4100.jpeg

We had -1 overnight so what you can see is ice - the place is about 4 miles from us so not far :)

So before ......
5F7B0B8D-6050-4E63-9A3F-0D77CDDA1227.jpeg

we are not aloud to change van wheels due to H & S to we have to call the AA even thou we carry spare in van and to be fair the amout of stuff some of us carry you wouldnt trust the sissor jack on the side of the road,
and saying that had to take wheel of dads van on the drive broke one socket swoped for a impact socket with breaker bar still no joy so had a metal box section about 3 mtrs in length out in field put that on end of breaker bar feking lucky the breaker didnt snap but 5 wheel nuts undone no why you could undo them yourself on the side of the road, but agree better to have spare than no spare,

we are not aloud to change van wheels due to H & S to we have to call the AA even thou we carry spare in van and to be fair the amout of stuff some of us carry you wouldnt trust the sissor jack on the side of the road,
and saying that had to take wheel of dads van on the drive broke one socket swoped for a impact socket with breaker bar still no joy so had a metal box section about 3 mtrs in length out in field put that on end of breaker bar feking lucky the breaker didnt snap but 5 wheel nuts undone no why you could undo them yourself on the side of the road, but agree better to have spare than no spare,
Sounds like that was a nightmare! Iv'e had grief with stupidly overtightened wheel nuts before. Probably some tw4t tyre fitter overdoing it with a windy gun! :rolleyes:

We had -1 overnight so what you can see is ice - the place is about 4 miles from us so not far :)
That's a nice looking little car (y):)
And I can vouch for the low temperature this morning, my CRV went sideways on black ice near my boat club in Portsmouth!! Same thing happened to a couple of other members!

Been out to try and start the Camaro this morning (haven't started her for a couple of weeks) and there seems to be some issues. ? Initially it seemed to want to turn over but then the starter motor just started clicking and she won't turn over now. I don't think the battery is flat but she has been sat for a while. Is it likely that there just isn't enough power in the battery left to turn it over or is it likely to be a more sinister starter motor problem? Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

Try jump starting, a kick from another source may just be enough.
Check the block has a good 0v to the battery too.

Back