What have you done to your vehicle today?

Stuck a pallet in the back. It wouldn't fit in the kia or the volvo. Had to get the pallet to work to pack up boxes to be shipped to our head office in Ireland. Its surprising what fits in the T/A.
1575293790651.png

had a nice little run out in the meteor today but when reversing onto the drive smoke started pouring out under the front and from the sides of the bonnet i thought wow hose burst lucky i was at home .
then i see flames coming up drivers wing from out the wheel arch cut the motor and got missus out and away carefully opened bonnet to find lots of smoke and a small fire on left exhaust manifold
blew last flames out and let it cool
after inspection a little later found a split power steering hose under the manifold it must have sent a fine spray onto hot bits and the big flames were blown up the outside by the fan . bloody scarey i can tell you . still so lucky nobody hurt and very little damage nothing burned or melted just needs new hose and lots of cleaning up . oh and some clean underware lol

Wow lucky escape. Glad to hear you were at home at the time - phew!!!!

OMG! So glad to hear you and your other half are OK and there was no serious damage to your wheels. Sounds like that could have been so much worse. Just shows how easy these things can happen.

Lucky escape, glad to hear there is little damage.

Ran the car for a bit checking charge voltage all looks good. Loving the steam from the wrapped headers.
New alternator arriving tomorrow. I'll fit it once garage done, unless I get big issues with the current one, charging seems to come and go.

Washed her for the first time :)

Fitted dash cam

Ordered lots of goodies ;) ;)

start the old girl up and moved her in out then put her back to bed in her garage and yes am talking about the saleen, lol,

Lucky very lucky spanners repaired yet the split hose?

Hows the clean up going AT with oil on the drive???????????

My car often has to have new wipers for the MOT so I like to have a few spares about. Went to the In Excess garden centre near Bournemouth and bought two standard wiper blades for £1.50 each, bargain! Much better than having to pay an unrealistic amount come MOT time.

Went to town on the solstice today - it looks a helluva lot better, inside and out :)

Unfortunately the vinyl stripes are beyond salvage so will be looking at having those replaced. Otherwise really happy with how she turned out - here are a few after shots :)

AF336FBF-B4AE-4C4C-872E-B7444AE54911.jpegD771EDC6-5824-4A64-AAA9-B41C54CCF086.jpeg1F9C417E-E7F2-4BD4-93FD-2FE31ECDA637.jpegB445E25F-80E6-4C64-B3B8-5BF7DFDBA3B3.jpeg91DE94BE-FD93-46D0-9F3A-9938E22861D1.jpegB884C105-FCFE-4C72-9DAB-AFD3F620C519.jpeg

Not bad for a 12 year old car eh? :) :)

And the solstice is booked in to have an aftermarket stereo installed. The stock one is ok but the new one is an Alpine touch screen with Apple CarPlay. Bought a complete kit with wiring harness, chimes adapter and steering wheel control harness and faceplate. Just need the harness putting together and installing.

Back