What have you done to your vehicle today?

(y) (y) (y) (y)

(y) (y) (y) (y)

That is looking very smart. Nice work.

Road it to work for the first time :)
Similar size engine to my Kia.
I guess that makes it a little whizzier than a push bike to work.

Drove it!! To the season closer.
Such an impressive car. Started the day with range showing 194 miles for a round trip of 188. Used Eco mode the entire way which allows cylinder shutdown. I will know the MPG for this tank when I fill it but I parked back at with more 1/4 left and over 50 miles of range left!!
Comfortable, fast with all the gizmos and no shortage of admirers no matter where you go.
I’ve done a 1000miles now since I bought it for the cars current total of 2300 now so I’ll change the oil before winter and get it serviced in the spring.
Driving it puts a huge smile on my face. The 09 did too but this is borderline a grin!!

And the passenger has a smile always too - have you seen my Sebring? Wonder why not! It’s because I just love being out in the Challenger :) :).

so spent the weekend stripping down the meteor top end heads off cam out found the noisey lifter and one lobe badly worn . also found most of the valves were leaking some really badly now to start reassembly still i guess it it 50 odd years old
pics to follow

so new cam in, new lifters in, heads decoked valve seats recut and lapped in and assembled
both heads fitted and torqed , new timing gear and chain fitted
tappets to do tommorrow soon time to fire it up

so new cam in, new lifters in, heads decoked valve seats recut and lapped in and assembled
both heads fitted and torqed , new timing gear and chain fitted
tappets to do tommorrow soon time to fire it up
Are your heads as heavy as Malc's? He mentioned it was tough manovering them.
Sounds like you have made some great progress.

tappets are now done bit of a mission . inlet and carb fitted valve covers done and some wiring and ancillaries fitted

primed the oil system this morning and finished all the other bits and she fired up straight away so set the timing and she runs lovely a little lumpy on idle but expected that with the cam i fitted

Nice pics. A job well done. Glad to hear it fired up straight away.

Back