What have you done to your vehicle today?

Had new tyres fitted.
I was unable to get a replacement tyre to match the one that was punctured. Apparently US market only.
After much deliberating I chose Yokohama Advan Sport tyres. These are summer tyres instead of the Goodyear all seasons.
They have good reviews including wet weather performance but they won’t be too good once the weather gets cold. Compromise I’m prepared to make.
Not broken them in yet but already they have significantly more grip.

Agree, best to just run summer tyres for the improved grip, you don't plan to go out in the wet, and if you get caught in a downpour you can just adjust and take more care.

Was squirming when you pulled on to the dual carriage way earlier so definitely needs a tad more wearing in :)

Trip to Brooklands tomorrow should do the trick :)

Realised I hadn’t washed mine since early August, and I’ve done a lot of miles and a lot of shows since.
It had been spruced up at every show of course but there is nothing like a proper bath to get the dirt, bugs, dust and tyre rubber off.
So after getting home from Brooklands..... Ready for the next one now.

D1B4A09D-14EE-471E-AC3F-8F6CD33D9CC2.jpg
D3F96F76-341C-4EA6-8C9B-5F01595CB746.jpg

And one from Brooklands, two Scatpacks together although Jon’s is a Scatpack Shaker.
482FE40C-0877-4AFC-A354-176AF59A24A5.jpg

Fitted a space saver spare.
I picked up a genuine Dodge space saver, scissor jack and wheel brace for£80.
Easy fit under boot floor. Hopefully means I won’t get ripped off by Kwik Fit again.

Changed a headlamp. It was on the blink. Only 3 screws to take off the plastic surround. Then 4 security screws around the glass itself. Quick change in 5 mins.
IMG_20190910_164202.jpg
IMG_20190910_164857.jpg
I remember Sarah's dad's car you had to remove the bumper to change a bulb.

Found some unwanted corrosion under a rear seat,,nothing serious but cutout and replaced with fresh steel,,,thankfully the only area needing attention......Good old leaky roof

Why not do all 4?
I only have one spare full beam one left(inner ones) . I hardly ever use full beam. The other headlamp is only about a year old, lens still clean. So only need to change one on this occasion.
Even though they are sealed beam water gets in them after about 10 years of sitting outside in all weather's as the lamp spends most of its life facing downwards.
Looking forward to getting the garage for it.

Finally got some paint on the Firebird yesterday evening. I only did the bonnet as a test, the last car I sprayed was about 25 years ago and I have never used 2K before. Apologies for the Yassser Arafat look, I couldn't find my baseball cap !!
Screenshot_20190910-205624.jpg

Last edited:
Iv,e been modifying an MGB rear axle to fit to my Austin Somerset.
Hi Richy. Sounds like fun, do you have photos, feel free to create a thread we can follow of the developments.

Back