What have you done to your vehicle today?

How do you find 2K to work with
Hi mate. Well, it seemed to come out of the gun quite heavy and sticky to be honest. The advised paint mix was 2x paint to 1x hardner and 10% thinners. I had heard varying reports about how much thinners, with some saying just a splash and others saying 10%. I went with somewhere in between, but maybe it needed the full 10%. As I say, the bonnet was a trial so I will try with more thinners next time.
Regarding the fumes, 2K should really only be sprayed using an air fed mask. But I used a mask recommend by a mate which has a 36 hour use life before it has to be thrown away. It is made by Gerson and was £20 on eBay. I seemed completely unaffected and couldn't even smell the paint, so it must have been doing something!

Last edited:
This was the bonnet the following morning. Still a good shine, but some dust got on it and there are a few repair rings :-/ my fault! Although, gloss black doesn't need asking twice to show off any imperfections! lol. I will leave it for now and probably flat it back and re do it later on.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_184432089.jpg
    IMG_20190910_184432089.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
Changed my rear spring to Strano springs. Yes I know I have had them sitting around for many months. Well after coming back from a break away I needed to achieve something, so lawn mowed which didn't take long. Needed something else to do. So thinking of doing a How To guide on changing shocks and springs on a 4th gen. Not much to talk about so took many photos.
IMG_20190917_152946.jpg

IMG_20190917_153709.jpg

IMG_20190917_154123.jpg

IMG_20190917_155215.jpg
Not as low as before which I'm happy with. They will probably sink a little bit. Weight of rear is on rear axle, so springs compressed.

Put a battery charger on as totally flat battery (well I didn’t but it was on my car lol)

Hi mate. Well, it seemed to come out of the gun quite heavy and sticky to be honest. The advised paint mix was 2x paint to 1x hardner and 10% thinners. I had heard varying reports about how much thinners, with some saying just a splash and others saying 10%. I went with somewhere in between, but maybe it needed the full 10%. As I say, the bonnet was a trial so I will try with more thinners next time.
Regarding the fumes, 2K should really only be sprayed using an air fed mask. But I used a mask recommend by a mate which has a 36 hour use life before it has to be thrown away. It is made by Gerson and was £20 on eBay. I seemed completely unaffected and couldn't even smell the paint, so it must have been doing something!

Ahh right,I am no paint expert by any stretch but i have tried various things, air pressure, gravity fed gun, and many different combinations of mix and they have all ben ok.Was that base coat with a lacquer or pre-mix gloss you used

Gave it a quick clean ready for the Alton show tomorrow.
The car sits outside, so many watermarks.
IMG_20190920_184324.jpg
A lot better now.
IMG_20190920_190425.jpg

Wow - big difference :)

took the audi out for run

You finally bought something?
Sounds like its not working though. Usually you take a car for a drive, unless it cant do it under its own power, you start pushing, and if you are going down hill, you go running with the car.

Yes audi A4 s line estate. Mobile again want the quattro but couldn't find one for the money did see some crap out there. It will do for a few years

Ahh right,I am no paint expert by any stretch but i have tried various things, air pressure, gravity fed gun, and many different combinations of mix and they have all ben ok.Was that base coat with a lacquer or pre-mix gloss you used
Me neither. It was pre-mix gloss. I am happy with the shine, it's just my prep imperfections and dust really. As I say after its fully hardened I will flat it back and try again.

Bought another vehicle. Pictures to follow when it arrives on Saturday :)

Ok it arrived this morning - but stupidly didn’t take any pictures. Will get some tomorrow :)

Ok it arrived this morning - but stupidly didn’t take any pictures. Will get some tomorrow :)
Keep us posted, looking forward to seeing what you have.

plugs and pollen filter done on daily

Ok - remembered to take some.........

B30215B4-6F94-47B3-BEDA-69BCCD4B9952.jpeg431AF83D-B925-4F5C-BBCE-C9A2155D3438.jpeg

Back