What have you done to your vehicle today?

Topped up oil and took it for a drive on the Breakfast run today, drove good. I really must get that new/old door on and do some bits to it.

sold it !

sold my mustang ! thats what ive done to mine !!!!! its a lovely car but sits in the garage for most of its time so decided to sell and now on the look out for something different.... anyone know anything about Sovereign car sales near whitchurch ? reputations bought sold etc ? they have a lot of nice looking cars and trucks.

sold my mustang ! thats what ive done to mine !!!!! its a lovely car but sits in the garage for most of its time so decided to sell and now on the look out for something different.... anyone know anything about Sovereign car sales near whitchurch ? reputations bought sold etc ? they have a lot of nice looking cars and trucks.

How about a lovely Astro :)

Drove the GP to work today. It may be the last time I can drive it for a short while as the insurance runs out tomorrow and the tax 4 days after that. Just need to watch the pennies at the moment. Insurance and MOT...fair enough, but it always staggers me that we're expected to pay the full whack on road tax for something which is basically a hobby and which we drive a few miles per month just because it wasn't registered before 1973! The current system just seems unfair somehow.

The alternative is road side boxes or on-board boxes monitoring the miles you drive to make it fairer.
The moment that happens they know where you are, and how fast you are going!
I’ll pay the road tax thanks!!

The alternative is road side boxes or on-board boxes monitoring the miles you drive to make it fairer.
The moment that happens they know where you are, and how fast you are going!
I’ll pay the road tax thanks!!

Have those options been considered as alternatives? Can't say I have read up on it recently but would agree, that might be less desirable if so. The last I heard, a 30 year rolling exemption was being considered. But I can't see that ever being passed through parliament somehow.

I do remember reading about pay per mile schemes that talked about both options.
The implications of such a lo-jack where they could effectively control any car with a drive by wire throttle to limit speed and even acceleration and even prevent you moving at all.

Last edited:
I do remember reading about pay per mile schemes that talked about both options.
The implications of such a lo-jack where they could effectively control any car with a drive by wire throttle to limit speed and even acceleration and even prevent you moving at all.

OMG, crazy! That was probably something dreamed up by the government to make us all feel we're better off as we are lol

We pay tax per mile by the fuel we use. Taxed multiple times. What Tax pays for fixing pot holes?, we don't pay enough of that tax....

Don't know the figures but pretty sure most road tax and fuel tax etc, does not get spent on the roads! It just goes into the 'Big pot' and very little goes where you would expect it to go.

Don't know the figures but pretty sure most road tax and fuel tax etc, does not get spent on the roads! It just goes into the 'Big pot' and very little goes where you would expect it to go.

I would agree with that! Another thing I am sure goes on is back-handers from contractors to council officials to get work on the roads approved by councils, sometimes when no work needs doing.

My biggest irritants are:
1: no collaboration between depts digging up the roads. A stretch is dug up by the local water company and then a few weeks later by a telecoms company. Faults aside, pre-planned work along the same stretch is not rocket science, would minimise disruption and would prevent faulty workmanship being blamed on the other contractors. “Not me guv, didn’t touch that bit!”
2: traffic lights that are censored to give priority to side roads. It’s a deliberate ploy to slow down traffic, make congestion seem worse than it is and add fire to the pollution lobbyists. A moving car produces less emissions that slowing/stopping/accelerators gets a car does. This utter stupidity of programming traffic lights to give green to side roads and bring the main thoroughfares to a stop is disgusting behaviour and the culprits should be prevented from holding any responsible job.

My biggest irritants are:
1: no collaboration between depts digging up the roads. A stretch is dug up by the local water company and then a few weeks later by a telecoms company. Faults aside, pre-planned work along the same stretch is not rocket science, would minimise disruption and would prevent faulty workmanship being blamed on the other contractors. “Not me guv, didn’t touch that bit!”
2: traffic lights that are censored to give priority to side roads. It’s a deliberate ploy to slow down traffic, make congestion seem worse than it is and add fire to the pollution lobbyists. A moving car produces less emissions that slowing/stopping/accelerators gets a car does. This utter stupidity of programming traffic lights to give green to side roads and bring the main thoroughfares to a stop is disgusting behaviour and the culprits should be prevented from holding any responsible job.

Absolutely! I have been p####d off by both of those! (We sound like a couple of Clarksons lol).
Seriously though, re your point 1, they will also dig up a road, and another one near by at the same time which could have served as a diversion for the first!
And for point 2, there is a junction exactly like that near me. It's the lights by the new Sainsbury's on Hambledon Road in Waterlooville. I have come along there late at night on numerous occasions and they have stopped me when there is nothing coming from the side road. Most junctions like that can sense if a vehicle is stopped at the lights, so there is no reason for it to happen!

Roads that served us well when they were roundabouts They either put traffic lights on a roundanut or stuck in a cross roads with a roundabout. Both ways seem to increase traffic.

they put traffic lights on a roundabout near where i work[titchfield], now there are lots of accidents there

Back