What have you done to your vehicle today?

Traffic light on round abouts is a bad idea, especially multi lane ones.
I had an accident in the TransAm 2 weeks after its was road legal. It was on the havant/Hayling roundabout(they changed it now) traffic lights stopped me on the roundabout, two lanes go to hayling, there was only 2 lanes then, I was in the outer one And only be on the roundabout, no traffic.a girl pulls up alongside me. Lights change, we both set off at the same time, usually when you are joining roundabout with moving traffic you tend to avoid cars being beside, you hold back incase they change lanes. Well she wanted to joing the motorway, I didn't know that and she didn't know there was going to hayling. So she came into my lane and hit me, or did I go into her lane and hit her? Both valid lanes for Hayling, both valid for motorway. If there were no traffic lights it wouldn't have happened as I wouldn't have been along side her.

And in my view roundabouts only work upto a certain volume of traffic. Beyond that I think a proper junction with correctly sequenced lights is better st keeping traffic moving.

Welcome to Swindon. The home of the roundabouts - now with traffic lights !!!!!

And it is nearly all of the big roundabouts here - so annoying!!!

Welcome to Swindon. The home of the roundabouts - now with traffic lights !!!!!

And let’s not forget that they then put pedestrian crossings within 100m of the traffic light controller roundabout so that when that goes red the traffic is then backed up across the roundabout!
It’s so stupid I can barely believe that there hasn’t been an anarchic uprising against the local authorities.
I guess they rely on our apathy.

i am beginning to think that the traffic light manufacture's are "sponsoring" our councillor's.

I keep seeing mine on the drive. I will be taking it out boxing day, and do a bit of data logging there and back. A few people commented on the rich smell. If O2 sensors working it shouldn't be doing that, I know there is some valve overlap which will give you un-burnt fuel smell.

I keep seeing mine on the drive. I will be taking it out boxing day, and do a bit of data logging there and back. A few people commented on the rich smell. If O2 sensors working it shouldn't be doing that, I know there is some valve overlap which will give you un-burnt fuel smell.

Install a spark plug in each exhaust and fire them with scrap yard ignition coils. That’ll solve the unburnt fuel issue and deal with tail-gaters in one hit!

getting on with my winter improvements, tiding up some wiring under the bonnet/hood, power windows and some silliness with the door locks[making the skulls eyes light up]

Drove it! Yay!

Nice one Sir!! :thumb:

Haven't been able to drive the GP for a few weeks as the tax, insurance and MOT all came up at the same time and I simply haven't had the spare dosh. I had planned to sell it, but I sat in it and started it up last night just to keep the battery up. Selling it will be the most reluctant sale of any car I've ever owned, that car and I have shared sooo many great events together and it has never let me down. As Jeremy Clarkson said about the car once, after a while it's no longer just a car..it becomes a mate! That's so true. I'm sure most of you will know I mean?

I certainly think cars take on a personality if the owner is enthusiastic and proud. Probably because many people either decorate themselves (tattoos) or modify the car to reflect themselves.

Not sure about ‘mate’. I’ve never thought of any of my cars as mates although I would defend my property like a mate!

Went to go to the Mustang Meet today at Cams Mill, and to pick up Will on the way. However I noticed my keyfob didn't open the Trans-Am door, so used the key, hoping it was just the fob going bad. Then noticed my immobiliser light was out. Then popped the hood and checked the battery volts, its was only 4V, with the battery going that low, its probably totally duff now, but I do not know why, Interior lights turn themselves off. Last thing i played with that the AFR gauge, but that is wired into ignition live. With battery removed there is 4Kohm of resistance from + and -, so if there is a load it much be switched. Charging battery now. I'll investigate current draw tomorrow.

The battery might be ok. When I left my dash cam running and flattened the challenger battery I hooked it up to old school charger to get it started and then left it on one of those trickle / maintenance chargers that does clever stuff to batteries.
So far so good.

The battery might be ok. When I left my dash cam running and flattened the challenger battery I hooked it up to old school charger to get it started and then left it on one of those trickle / maintenance chargers that does clever stuff to batteries.
So far so good.
Thats good to know, may save having to buy another battery. I will look into how the current drain happened, my dash cam and that is all on ignition live. The only thing in the car is the immobilizer, also the amp in the boot has a permanent feed, but has an ignition live switch to turn it on. The radio will stay on when the car turns off, but automatically shuts off after soo many mins. I guess come to think of it, there are loads of things to check. I may take a look at lunch time when there is some daylight.

Luckily I still have an old charger that just gets on with it. Its a Halfords one, which I brought for my Cavalier or Opel Manta. So 23ish years old and still going strong.

Last edited:
I certainly think cars take on a personality if the owner is enthusiastic and proud. Probably because many people either decorate themselves (tattoos) or modify the car to reflect themselves.

Not sure about ‘mate’. I’ve never thought of any of my cars as mates although I would defend my property like a mate!

I meant "mate" in a metaphorical sense (as Jeremy did I guess), I wouldn't give it a kidney or anything lol. I have added a couple of brand related vinyls and fitted aftermarket lights (because the originals were knackered), but that's all. I wouldn't tattoo myself because of it either. Although, I wouldn't tattoo myself for any reason, just personal choice. I think it's partly a pride thing, but probably more to do with it being the instrument of the enjoyment generated at the various events I've done in it, the M25 Bandit Run being a memorable one in particular. That was special and great to be a part of. If you drive to these things in your daily driver and just watched...you could be in any car and I don't think it wouldn't make much of a difference.

If you haven’t seen it, the documovie “Love the Beast” is an interesting look at a mans relationship with a car.
Thoroughly recommend it

Back