What have you done to your vehicle today?

Last edited:
Yesterday I took a half day off work. Put the Trans-am axle in the fiesta, half shafts, c-clips, old diff(had ABS reluctor ring on it) and then set up my phone satnav(used Waze) as there is no fag lighter in the car, there is no easy way to get 12V unless I run wires from the fuse box or from behind the radio, anyway. I had a charges spare car battery, and run an inverter from that to keep the phone charged.
Left home at 1pm, and drive up to Hauser Racing, up the A3, M25, M1, A46 and got there at 4pm. Dropped off the axle, had a quick pee, then drive home again. Got in at 7.30pm. Wasn't a bad drive, went far quicker than expected.

They will give me a call once done. The say it may not be done this week, but should be ready by mid next week. :)

Has anyone else used the Waze app?
Its basically free, and its a sat nav, but the bonus is, other people who are also using the app appear on the map and if you spot an accident, or car obstructing the side of a road, or road blocked, you just press a couple of buttons on the screen and then when anyone else approaches that area it comes up on their map. Very good, its all real time. Very handy.

I Tried Waze but never got on with it. I always used Nav Free, and the latest version has the same incident/traffic reporting functionality. I personally think the mapping is better than waze too but thats a personal opinion.

Just had a call from Hauser Racing, the reluctor ring on my old diff is broke, and no good to use on the new diff. They were after my vin number so they can source a replacement.

Not what I've done, but what I plan too!

Whilst cleaning I noticed the Vette had been lowered. The Vette doesn't need lowering springs, it has adjustability built in.
But this causes some people to lower the cars beyond the recomendations. This can cause the shock to bottom out through lack of travel.
Factory ride height at the wheel arches is 27.5 inches front, and 29 inches rear. GM recomend no more than 1/2 to 3/4 inch drop. Mine is currently sat at 27 inches front and 27.5 inches rear!
Now I plan to leave the front where it is but raise the rear 3/4 inch. It may not look as cool, but function over form for me!

It handles really well. The danger is bottoming out the suspension travel mid corner! Very unpredictable handling would result!

Oil,filter change and lower control arms on the subaru nice job,

Adjusted Corvette suspension. Previous owner didn't equalise between the four corners and heights were off side to side front to rear. Took me two attempts but now have more travel on the rear, equal on the axles and still lowered.
Happy work!

Also washed the daily, well threw a bucket of water at it!

I re-routed the iPhone cable in the Vette so that it now charges the phone in its cradle.

I also cleaned the inside of windscreen of the daily driver (I hate that job lol)

Sounds like you guys have had a busy day... have you driven the fiero with the new part in the steering rack? does it feel a lot better now?

The Fiero isn't taxed so no, not yet.
I still want to go through the rear suspension before it goes back on the road and it needs a 4 wheel alignment afterwards.
Next weekend is cleaning time for the Vette, ready for Haynes.

What have you been up to?

Cleaned the works van, its been neglected for over a year, green moss growing on the roof an bonnet. Its no ones job to do it at work, although it used to be the service guys when ordered by the service manager, but there is no service manager now, so vehicles get neglected. Hinges on the other van broke on the rear doors, they knew they were getting stiff from rust but said its not their job to oil them, never occurred to them to take to a garage either. They want a new van, however, if they treat it like that.... well.... anyway. Couldn't bear with seeing the neglect in the little van so brought it home to give it a quick clean, 30mins with a few buckets of water, it looks a whole lot better than before.
Thats all I've done car related this weekend...

Yesterday really, replaced the filler cap to fuel tank hose and cured the whiffy fuel smell. Thanks to Mick69 for the new hose. took it out for a blast with lots of acceleration to make sure it worked OK, made a few people smile!

Called Hauser racing. They are having trouble with the speed sensor wheel thingy(ring on the diff), they can't get hold of one, so are going to try and repair my old one.

Back